snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 22 June 2013, 01:32 AM

Default The Michigan legislature sucks

Even our Republican Governor (who I'm not a fan of) is disgusted with them. They just can't bring themselves to extend Medicaid as, I think, Obamacare calls for. The Republican legislator I saw interviewed today says he figures it'll pass eventually, but wants, this is a paraphrase, "A more Conservative hand in it" and "more behavior control"? something. It's sickening.
Old 23 June 2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanz View Post
Even our Republican Governor (who I'm not a fan of) is disgusted with them. They just can't bring themselves to extend Medicaid as, I think, Obamacare calls for. The Republican legislator I saw interviewed today says he figures it'll pass eventually, but wants, this is a paraphrase, "A more Conservative hand in it" and "more behavior control"? something. It's sickening.
Behavior control? Am I going to have to go see one of them before I go see a doctor to make sure I am sick and not just lazy? Are they going to make sure I am having safe sex before I get birth control pills because I wouldn't deserve them otherwise? I hate living in Michigan sometimes. The ignorance is blinding.

I will be watching this as it will affect my son and I.
Old 23 June 2013, 03:45 AM

Bang Head

Like I said it's not a direct quote. I can't remember precisely what he said regarding, "behavior" but he did say something about it and he wasn't referring to his fellow legislators' behavior. I was just steamed by the whole stupid thing.

The fact is I may or may not be impacted by this. If my company doesn't give me 30 hours, I need to find healthcare on my own. I believe I will at least qualify for subsidies if not Medicaid itself. However, even if it doesn't affect me it is shameful that these do nothing cretins can't take federal money and do with it what they are supposed to do.
Old 23 June 2013, 03:46 AM

Ohio is going through the same thing. The governor wants the expansion, the crazies in the legislature don't, and it's getting too late now to get it up and running by 2014. Now the legislature is considering "Medicaid reform", which as far as I can tell is designed to make it look like they care while not actually doing anything to help people (it would purposefully not expand eligibility at all, the last I heard).

If Jan Brewer of all people can get it through the Arizona legislature, there's no reason why it couldn't happen here and in Michigan. (Except that Jan Brewer is term limited and John Kasich and I assume Rick Snyder both have primary elections in less than a year.)
Old 23 June 2013, 03:50 AM

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but what I'd love to see is that these bozos by law have to jump through all the hoops the poors have to in order for bozos to get their tax payer provided health care. That would be a LTTMMH
Old 23 June 2013, 12:19 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
If Jan Brewer of all people can get it through the Arizona legislature, there's no reason why it couldn't happen here and in Michigan. (Except that Jan Brewer is term limited and John Kasich and I assume Rick Snyder both have primary elections in less than a year.)
Every once in a while Jan does something right. It's very jarring.
Old 24 June 2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
Every once in a while Jan does something right. It's very jarring.
Yes, I kept looking for why it was a bad idea, because I simply could not wrap my head around Brewer and myself agreeing on something.