snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 14 February 2017, 10:30 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I don't want to report a rumor. I want to thank you guys for keeping the facts straight. I can only imagine how much you're having to fact check these days. Bet you're having to work a lot of overtime. Keep up the great work!
Thanks!!!!
Old 15 February 2017, 02:13 PM
snopes minion

Comment: This is not about a specific rumor. I just wanted to give feedback and thank you for being one of only TWO sites that I can find anymore that still has the integrity to fact check without bias. I can't find a single news site that isn't slanted, so I'm glad I can find the truth here! It's sad when the only two sites that are truthful are the two that deal with urban legends!
Old 16 February 2017, 12:31 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just want to say thank you for writing an article that seems to be nearly as objective as one can be. Most "journalism" these days is far too biased. I'm neither a liberal nor a conservative and I sincerely appreciate some objectivity for a change.
Old 17 February 2017, 02:05 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Bless you guys. Over the years I've come to trust and value your thorough and even-handed analyses. Keep up the good work.
Old 19 February 2017, 11:42 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Your site used to be fun to read. It was a quick reply to when my mom forwarded emails and a crackpot relative put things on facebook.
Now your job has an importance & purpose that it did not have before. Who knew it would be a vital component of democracy?
Good job, keep at it, and stay loyal to the facts.
Thanks for all you do.
Old 20 February 2017, 03:14 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Not a rumor, but a note of thanks:
You must be very busy; thank you for doing all this. Your website is very important.
Old 21 February 2017, 02:23 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for all of your hard work to get the the truth. Love your sight!
Old 24 February 2017, 02:10 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Not a rumor, just a comment.
Thank you Snopes for being there in these days of information turbulence, and sorting out the reality from the crap! Also, it is refreshing that where an item is true you provide the background and rationale that explains the situation. I don't know how many of us would ever determine what to believe.
Again, THANKS!
Old 26 February 2017, 05:03 PM
snopes minion

Comment: No rumor. Thank you, and I love you.
Old 27 February 2017, 01:51 AM
snopes minion

Comment: @whoeverreadsthis - If you ever think that what you do is not important, think again. The internet needs you and we love you. Thanks for being here Snopes!
Old 28 February 2017, 03:30 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I think that your hard work to find out what is true, and what is a lie, is important (particularly these days when lies and propaganda are being used to manipulate people).
Thank you for being there, and for everything that you do!
Old 03 March 2017, 08:08 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I do not have a rumor, I just want to say I really appreciate the work this site does. I have been reading since I was about 11 years old and loved being creeped out by the scary urban legends. I am now 27 am happy the site going strong in disproving false information, something I think is very important in our current sociopolitical climate. I hope the original founders, writers, and researchers are all doing well.
Old 07 March 2017, 12:15 PM
snopes minion

Comment: NOT A RUMOR - THIS IS AN FYI. A FEW YEARS BACK I WROTE TO COMPLIMENT YOU ON HOW GREAT A JOB YOU GUYS DID. I THINK IT WAS BARBARA ANSWERED AND THANKED ME. WELL I LIVE IN WV AND WATCH CBS NEWS EVERY AM AND THIS AM SNOPES WAS REFERRED TO BY ONE OF THE REPORTERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH SOME SORT OF FACEBOOK POSTINGS. THEY REFERRED TO SNOPE'S AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE TO CHECK OUT RUMOR'S KUDO'S TO YOU GUYS!!! A MAJOR NETWORK GAVE YOU A MUCH DESERVED THUMBS UP. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Old 10 March 2017, 04:32 PM
snopes minion

Comment: No rumor, just want to say thanks for the job you do. Snopes has been my go to fact checker for years and increasingly so now that fake news is so prevalent.
Old 10 March 2017, 05:35 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Read the article on cnn.com and been visiting your website for many, many years. Thanks for all the hard work! I consistently use your website to help point people toward, well, reality.
Best of luck with your expansion into journalism!
Thanks again,
Sean
Old 10 March 2017, 07:21 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Congratulations on the big CNN story! I have been reading Snopes.com since the old days when you site was The Urban Legends Reference Pages. Your site is essential in today's climate. I can't count how many times, I have said (paraphrasing) "Have you checked on Snopes.com?" I truly hope that many more people will now check on Snopes.com.
CONGRATULATIONS to all of you at Snopes.com!
Old 10 March 2017, 07:34 PM
snopes minion

Comment: No rumor to report - I just wanted to thank all of you at Snopes for being the place that anyone can go to and expect to get facts and real news. We need more folks like you in a world that's top-heavy with "fake news". Keep up the good work.
Old 10 March 2017, 07:36 PM
snopes minion

Comment: No rumors to share. Just wanted to say "thank you!" You guys are doing great work. Shining a light on all of the misinformation out there may seem like an insurmountable battle, but it is not. I too am frustrated on a daily basis by the ignorance of many people who simply want their own beliefs parroted back at them, rather than understand the objective facts.
As someone who works in PR and communicates with the media, I know many journalists that are just trying to do their jobs well and report on issues to the best of their ability. And having a site like Snopes, with no agenda but truth, is a godsend in the war against misinformation.
Thank you
Old 11 March 2017, 01:15 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello,
I just read an article on the history of Snopes. It would please me to let you know that I have used and valued your site for perhaps 15 years, maybe more. In the article you said you don't think your site changes anyone's mind. I would suggest that it influences the minds of people who want to know what's true. I trust what Snopes says. I heard that George Soros was behind Snopes and I'm glad to know that it's not true, that you are objective. That is what I always thought and I'm glad to be confirmed in that regard.
Your work is very much appreciated. Thanks for being there!!!!
Old 11 March 2017, 01:40 AM
snopes minion

Comment: I wasn't sure how to contact your staff but I just read the CNN article on Snopes and it was not only educational on your history as a company but getting high level media recognition must make you proud. Snopes is my go to place for rumors and so on for as long as I have had internet access. I found humor in the Right thinking you guys are lefties. Well the Right shouldn't lie so much... Thank you for your dedication to the very noble cause of fact checking.