snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07 January 2008, 06:53 PM
Dr. Dave Dr. Dave is offline
 
Join Date: 28 June 2005
Location: Montgomery County, MD
Posts: 5,187
Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: You need to research your info. on Barack Obaman. The info. I received from many people is true.
The writer is correct. Barack Obaman does not respect the U.S. flag or the Bible. Fortunately for all of us, Barack Obama does.

OK, that was too easy and a cheap shot. What I really want to know is how do you know that the info. you received from many people is true? Hmmm?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 28 January 2008, 04:38 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Icon101

Comment: the gold Star Mother and Clinton thing did happen .I heard one of
the mothers on a talk show. you need to get your facts right. Unless
your a clinton supporter
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 28 January 2008, 07:08 PM
Cowboy Joe's Avatar
Cowboy Joe Cowboy Joe is offline
 
Join Date: 23 July 2003
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: the gold Star Mother and Clinton thing did happen .I heard one of
the mothers on a talk show. you need to get your facts right. Unless
your a clinton supporter
In which case, feel free to get all the facts wrong you wish. There is a special truth exemption for Clinton supporters., Unlike Bush supporters who are mandated by law to always tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03 February 2008, 09:26 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Shout

Comment: I saw and heard B.H. Obama claim that he "was once a muslum".
You'd better change your 'factual' information.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09 February 2008, 03:30 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Tantrum

Comment: The fact that CNN, ie; the COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK, sent an investigator to
Indonesia to check out this story, is totally ludicrous, SINCE THEY
HAVEN'T SEEN FIT TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT A DAMN THING IN MORE THAN 20
years. The only thing that so called network has going for them is GLENN
BECK.

So why in the world would you even put their trashy report on your site,
and stain it permanently, is way beyond me.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12 February 2008, 06:29 AM
E. Q. Taft's Avatar
E. Q. Taft E. Q. Taft is offline
 
Join Date: 30 July 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
So why in the world would you even put their trashy report on your site,
and stain it permanently, is way beyond me.
Actually, you can now get out those stubborn website stains with new blue Cheer! Makes your website whiter than white! And it smells fresh, too.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 19 February 2008, 11:40 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Canada

Comment: heres the thing. im a canadian. im an avid coffee addict. and i hate tim
hortons coffee. i wouldnt say im a coffee snob, but id take some freshly
ground Pride of Arabia over fast food coffee any day. if the options were
to have crappy coffee or to go without i would

thats why i think there is some grain of truth to this myth. a fair amount
of coffee drinkers i know say that Timmys' coffee isnt that great but they
keep going back for more. Maybe there is no nicotine, and MSG sounds
ludicrous to me. but could there possibly be an inordinate amount of
cafiene or some other addictive substance in the coffee.

really, it tastes dreadful. ive had better coffee from Giant tiger than
the stuff they sell at timmys....donuts are good tho
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 20 February 2008, 12:33 AM
FullMetal FullMetal is offline
 
Join Date: 19 December 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: heres the thing. im a canadian. im an avid coffee addict. and i hate tim
hortons coffee. i wouldnt say im a coffee snob, but id take some freshly
ground Pride of Arabia over fast food coffee any day. if the options were
to have crappy coffee or to go without i would

thats why i think there is some grain of truth to this myth. a fair amount
of coffee drinkers i know say that Timmys' coffee isnt that great but they
keep going back for more. Maybe there is no nicotine, and MSG sounds
ludicrous to me. but could there possibly be an inordinate amount of
cafiene or some other addictive substance in the coffee.

really, it tastes dreadful. ive had better coffee from Giant tiger than
the stuff they sell at timmys....donuts are good tho
He is not canadian! Timmy's donuts are not good... they're gross.

and i don't drink coffee so i don't know...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 20 February 2008, 03:18 AM
Canuckistan's Avatar
Canuckistan Canuckistan is offline
 
Join Date: 27 March 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 30,122
Icon05

Quote:
if the options were to have crappy coffee or to go without i would
... dress in drag and attend a monkey rodeo?

... circumsize myself without anesthetic?

... read Atlas Shrugged?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 20 February 2008, 03:29 AM
lord_feldon's Avatar
lord_feldon lord_feldon is offline
 
Join Date: 08 August 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
but could there possibly be an inordinate amount of
cafiene or some other addictive substance in the coffee
Cafiene? In coffee?!?!?! I thought caffeine was bad enough!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06 April 2009, 06:49 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Icon101

Comment: Your story about the new dollar is inaccurate. There were
"approximately 50,000" of these dollars printed without the "in God we
trust" on them. This is not a small number as you put it and is clearly
not a mistake. I feel that you may be biased in reporting this
accurately. You say they were not designed this way and that is true, but
you mislead people to believe that all coins have "in God we trust" on
them and they clearly don't. I suggest that you correct your reporting
error.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06 April 2009, 09:34 AM
Mr. Billion's Avatar
Mr. Billion Mr. Billion is offline
 
Join Date: 09 July 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,423
Default

Maybe it's a false perception, but it seems like over the past year or so there's been a significant increase in the number of people making misinformed claims of the inaccuracy of this or that Snopes article, and generally maligning the credibility of Snopes.

Quote:
ive been looking at your website for years now. and have always
just assumed that you guys knew what you were talking about. but after
today i think you guys have lost all your credibility.
I've seen a lot of comments in e-mails bearing ULs and on some people's blogs expressing similar sentiments (though I've yet to see one where such sentiments are justified.)

Is it just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed such an increase?

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06 April 2009, 06:06 PM
Spamamander's Avatar
Spamamander Spamamander is offline
 
Join Date: 01 January 2006
Location: Central WA
Posts: 4,383
Default

I would say I've seen it a lot more too. I'm not sure if it is a sign of something good, that Snopes is more widely recognizable and used as a resource so the number of naysayers is going to increase simply because of the larger population of readership, or if there is a block of people more determined to have the credibility of the site undermined because they are aware that others are learning to use the internet more skeptically and want to be able to pass their disinformation. A disproportionately high number seem to be conservatives which might seem to indicate that some of the more fanatical "news" sources on the right might be actively trying to discredit the information.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06 April 2009, 06:14 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Tantrum

Quote:
Maybe it's a false perception, but it seems like over the past year or so there's been a significant increase in the number of people making misinformed claims of the inaccuracy of this or that Snopes article, and generally maligning the credibility of Snopes.
To paraphrase the old legal maxim, "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you don't have the facts on your side, pound the table."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06 June 2009, 12:07 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Tantrum

Referred by: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/faithbased.asp

Comment: Regarding the charity event. who cares what kind of spin you want
to put on this. the end resualt is the same. its versually the same
message via rumor. as the so called truth.
i'm really tired of everyone in office thinking all of us are stupid &
will believe any bullshit your slining, as long as it sound reasoniable &
comes wrapped w/ a nice neat bow around it.
seriously, we all know the Presidant IS in charge of the milatary.
and this NEW rule is a bunch of BULLSHIT. and another way to turn the
American public and our armed forces against eachother. you should be
ashamed.
sadly, i'm shure your not.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 28 August 2009, 05:11 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Tantrum

Comment: I will never go to your web site again. I had read the story on
My Dog Reggies and it really made me feel good about people and life, than
I stumble onto you site and you took that away from me. You are like
someone telling a child that there is no Sanata Claus.

I hope you feel good in what you do about taking away hope in people.

I personly believe that you are wrong and cannot accept that there are
good people in the world.

I know of many no kill shelters that would give free food and board to
someone's pet who is serving the Armed Services.

Your logic makes no sense.

I guess you don't believe in the " Rainbow Bridge " either.

You need to have " Faith " Not everything that happens in this world can
be Proved.

Whether this story is true or not does not matter. What matters is that it
makes people feel good and gives people hope. And by you trying to prove
this story false only takes that good from people.

Shame on you.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 28 August 2009, 05:12 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Roll eyes

Quote:
I guess you don't believe in the " Rainbow Bridge " either.
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 28 August 2009, 05:13 PM
Canuckistan's Avatar
Canuckistan Canuckistan is offline
 
Join Date: 27 March 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 30,122
Rabbit

Quote:
You are like someone telling a child that there is no Sanata Claus.
It's more like us telling kids there's no Easter Buenny.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 28 August 2009, 05:15 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,614
Crash

Quote:
You are like someone telling a child that there is no Sanata Claus.
Except that you're an adult and are supposed to be able to distinguish between fantasy and reality.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 28 August 2009, 05:50 PM
Singing in the Drizzle Singing in the Drizzle is offline
 
Join Date: 24 November 2005
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 4,745
Default

Now I'm just wanting to know the numbers of children that belive in Sanata Claus read this sight.

OPPS!!! I would guess that would now be none.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.