Go Back > Non-UL Chat > Crash and Burn

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 March 2017, 04:09 PM
htonl's Avatar
htonl htonl is offline
Join Date: 19 July 2006
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,640
Cell Phone Coroner warning after man electrocuted in bath charging iPhone

A man died after being electrocuted while charging his phone in the bath, an inquest has heard.

The death of Richard Bull, 32, which occurred when the iPhone fell into the water, was accidental, the coroner ruled. Dr Sean Cummings said he would also send a report to the phone’s manufacturer, Apple, to warn about the dangers.

“These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings,” he told the inquest. “This was a tragic accident and I have no reason to believe at all that there anything other than it being completely accidental.”

I'm sure this was just a momentary bad decision in this case, but is "don't use electrical devices connected to the mains while you're in the bath" really something that we need to have special warnings about?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cat rips through shower curtain for bath time TallGeekyGirl Wild Kingdom 1 08 March 2017 07:03 PM
Man Back To Life After Coroner Pronounces Him Dead hoitoider The Doctor Is In 25 20 March 2014 03:28 AM
Apple to probe death of Chinese woman who used iPhone when it was charging snopes Crash and Burn 13 06 August 2013 04:32 PM
Coroner Links Mom's Death to Coke 'Addiction' snopes The Doctor Is In 18 14 February 2013 07:47 PM
Bear bath Jenn Fauxtography 8 02 October 2010 04:07 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.