snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > War, What Is It Good For?

Old 23 December 2016, 03:21 PM

Australia Christmas Day bomb plot foiled in Melbourne: Australian police

Police in Australia have detained five men suspected of planning a series of Christmas Day attacks using explosives, knives and a gun in the heart of the country's second-largest city, officials said Friday. The suspects were inspired by the Islamic State group and planned attacks on Melbourne's iconic Flinders Street train station, neighbouring Federation Square, a fashionable bar and restaurant precinct, and St. Paul's Cathedral, an Anglican church, Victoria state Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/world/2...-detained.html
Old 23 December 2016, 09:34 PM

I walked through the Melbourne CBD yesterday and noticed that there was a LOT of police just standing around all over the place, I didn't hear about the terror plan until afterwards.
I walked right past Flinders Street train station, Federation Square and St. Paul's Cathedral, three of the alleged targets of the planned attack.