snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > NFBSK Gone Wild!

Old 12 February 2019, 01:16 AM

Default Man mansplains lady parts and mansplaining.

https://www.someecards.com/news/news...destroyed-him/

It’s…somewhat amusing. I won’t really bother quoting because most of the article is just reproducing a Twitter thread, but I checked the guy’s feed and the tweets are still there as of this posting.

(Mansplaining, for those who don’t know, is when a man attempts to educate more knowledgeable people in a subject. At least, I have to hope that the average woman is more knowledgeable here. I have heard the phrase “your penis touched my vagina” before.)
Old 12 February 2019, 03:56 AM

I've been kind of on the fence but this post destroys any doubt I had about whether you're just messing with us. Or doing it for some purpose. I haven't made up my mind about that yet.
Old 12 February 2019, 11:30 AM

I actually found a better article on the incident at WHTM (as usual): http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...as-to-step-in/

To summarise: the Guardian posted an article about a work titled “Me And My Vulva”, which is a photo collage of various vulvas. Then this guy shows up and tells everyone that the word is actually “vagina”. When he is called out for his mansplaining, both by those who possess vulvas and those who don’t, he then goes on to say that he’s not mansplaining (by mansplaining that concept) and then claiming that he was using the common usage of “vagina”. Which apparently hasn’t been updated since he was 5.