snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 01 September 2018, 01:47 PM

Cheer Products you like

This is go share your good experiences or recommendations for products you like.

For my inaugural post... Just My Size bras from Hanes Her Way.

This is quite possibly the most comfortable bra I have ever owned. Eventually I'm going to replace all the ones I've got with these. If you have trouble finding a bra that fits give one of these a shot.

Last edited by TallGeekyGirl; 01 September 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01 September 2018, 07:49 PM

Hmm. They've even got some without polyester (which makes me itch if it's worn tight to the skin.) I might well try one. ETA: I live in fear that the one Elita bra that fits me will disappear from the market.

I like my EGO battery-powered lawnmower. It's not as quiet as I'd hoped (the non-self-propelled version is probably quieter, some of the noise is coming from the drive); but it's better at mowing tall grass and weeds than I'd hoped, in fact better than any gas mower I've used at doing so without stalling. (The results were kind of messy, but considering the thigh-high mess it started with that's not surprising. A second pass on shorter grass looked a lot better.) And it's very nice to have the will-it-start-this-time-and-if-so-after-how-many-yanks problem go away.

I haven't had it very long, though; so I don't know how well it holds up in the long run. Ask me again how I like it in a few years.
Old 02 September 2018, 08:45 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
This is go share your good experiences or recommendations for products you like.

This is quite possibly the most comfortable bra I have ever owned. Eventually I'm going to replace all the ones I've got with these. If you have trouble finding a bra that fits give one of these a shot.
They're wonderful. Plus they have colors! For those of us better endowed, it's so nice not to pick between beige or white. Again.

My Mr. Clean erasers. I fully support giving the inventors many many millions of dollars in gratitude.
Old 02 September 2018, 04:36 PM

If you don't have a dishwasher (or have one that lends itself to you washing the dishes before it washes the dishes) I cannot recommend these soap/sponge on a stick tools enough! I can get the water hotter because my hands aren't submerged constantly, having a bit of reach helps with really digging in to scrub off stubborn bits, and my dishes come out just as clean with what seems to be a good bit less soap. I pick mine up at the dollar store (where there's refills of the sponge part as well) and the handle lasts a good long while. I only found out about these things a few years ago despite having washed dishes almost my whole life and they really do make a lousy task that much quicker and easier.
Old 02 September 2018, 07:44 PM

Huh, my mom got me one of those and I found it to be nearly useless. The soap leaked out and the sponge broke down quickly.
Old 02 September 2018, 08:04 PM

I'm with Kallah - they're great... One of the handles developed a small crack once and all the soap leaked out as you say, so they don't last forever, but they're not meant to do that. I also find I use far less washing up liquid, even with the cracked handle and the time I forgot to close the filling lid properly. (Which I wasn't sure would be the case when I first thought I'd try one).
Old 02 September 2018, 08:41 PM

The handle wasn't cracked (at least not obviously), it just leaked soap constantly.
Old 02 September 2018, 09:24 PM

Was it leaking soap out the sponge part? Because it's meant to do that.
Old 03 September 2018, 12:23 AM

My newest discovery is Lise Watier Deep Cleansing Oil.

It's an oil that you spread all over your dry face and then emulsify it with water. It says it will even take off waterproof makeup. I cannot comment on that as I don't wear makeup, but the trial size Shoppers (Pharmaprix actually, I was in Montreal) gave me left my skin clean and soft. I ordered it online immediately. Interestingly, Pharmaprix had a sample in Montreal but they don't even carry it online at Shoppers.
ETA: It's also paraben free, which is a must for me nowadays.
Old 03 September 2018, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Was it leaking soap out the sponge part? Because it's meant to do that.
Nope, it leaked out of several places in the handle.
Old 03 September 2018, 03:52 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post

How well does it work for those for whom, ahem, their cups runneth over? I have despaired of finding anything that fits and have mostly accepted that if I run down the street for any reason, even if Iím fleeing a serial killer, I will look like an outtake from Baywatch.
Old 03 September 2018, 12:04 PM

Unfortunately, I can't say. All I can suggest is to get one and try it. I was expounding on the comfort, not necessarily the support.
Old 03 September 2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Nope, it leaked out of several places in the handle.
Some are just poorly made. We had one at my family's house that lasted ages, but they stopped making the sponge replacements for that model (or my mom couldn't find them anymore), and the one we moved to wasn't as sturdy.
Old 03 September 2018, 02:01 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
How well does it work for those for whom, ahem, their cups runneth over? I have despaired of finding anything that fits and have mostly accepted that if I run down the street for any reason, even if Iím fleeing a serial killer, I will look like an outtake from Baywatch.
Well, the ones I own aren't going to stop me from jiggling like Kitten Natividad if I run but for regular, every day stuff they're fine. And comfy.
Old 03 September 2018, 08:29 PM

The Sleepypod mobile pet bed! It's a cozy bed with a domed lid you zip on to turn it into a carrier. You can secure it in your car with a seatbelt.

My little dog *really* wants to sit on my lap when I'm driving, and that's a horrible idea for a number of reasons. I tried using a seatbelt harness and she tried to chew through the strap. She's also figured out how to open the car windows, so it's better if she's fully contained, and she barks non-stop in her crate.

She's happy with the Sleepypod because she uses it (without the lid) for her regular bed at home. She makes blanket nests in there and hides toys in it, so she doesn't mind when I put her in there for car rides. I like knowing she's safe, and LOVE having her out of my hair while I'm driving.

The big downside is the price, but I've had the bed about 2 years and it still looks brand new. I'm hoping to have the dog at least another 10 years, so $190/12 years is only about $15/year.
Old 04 September 2018, 01:22 AM

Think of it as the price of a dog bed and the price of a crate combined
Old 04 September 2018, 01:55 AM

I looked at that and thought about how big one to fit a 55lb poodle would be.
Old 04 September 2018, 10:08 AM

Whalephant

I would so get one of those for my cat if she were bigger. But at 6 1/2 pounds she's just right for the nylon pet carrier I use.
Old 04 September 2018, 12:21 PM

I have had an EGO lawnmower for over a year, and I love it! It works really well, unless the grass is wet and tall. But I suppose regular mowers may also have a problem.
Old 04 September 2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!
I recommend Glamourise.