snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 23 November 2017, 12:32 AM

Default Donald Trump's LaVar Ball tweets cross a line — even for him

Before 6 a.m. ET, Donald Trump had already sent two tweets about the self-proclaimed "big baller" LaVar Ball.

Here's the full two-tweet set:
"It wasn't the White House, it wasn't the State Department, it wasn't father LaVar's so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man's version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It's a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!"

Even for Trump, who has defined the idea of the presidency downward, these tweets are shocking. So shocking in fact that I had to check multiple times that they were actually from Trump's verified Twitter account rather than some satirical one. But, they are very real -- and telling.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politi...all/index.html
Old 23 November 2017, 01:37 AM

It’s like we got one of the spoiled brats in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory as president. Where are those Oompa Loompas when you need them?
Old 23 November 2017, 02:16 AM

Meanwhile, moronic Trumpeteers are attacking LeVar Burton. I think these idiots need to sit down and watch some "Reading Rainbow". They obviously have little to no reading comprehension. The vacuous twits.

Link here.
Old 23 November 2017, 05:22 AM

I think many of them do that on purpose. Anything to distract from the real headlines - and the more messy they make it, the more distracting it becomes. There are even twitter bots doing that muddification.
Old 23 November 2017, 06:00 AM

Ignorance and racism are two hallmarks for Dump's most devoted followers. "Black guy named LaVar, must be the right one" really is the limit to how much thought they put into things.
Old 23 November 2017, 12:32 PM

The whole 'IT WAS ME' this is good solid evidence of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The man can simply not let other people take credit. While it's completely wrong for somebody who isn't a psychologist to diagnose somebody she's never met in person, I can at least reasonably say that Trump can be held up as a great example of the traits of NPD, regardless of whether he has the disorder himself.

Mind you, even if he has it can it really be called a disorder if it results in him being President of the United States? Maybe Trump is a disorder all by himself and the only symptom is being Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pink Pill View Post
It’s like we got one of the spoiled brats in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory as president. Where are those Oompa Loompas when you need them?
That's the problem - he *is* one of the Oompa Loompas!
Old 23 November 2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherskite View Post
The whole 'IT WAS ME' this is good solid evidence of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The man can simply not let other people take credit. While it's completely wrong for somebody who isn't a psychologist to diagnose somebody she's never met in person, I can at least reasonably say that Trump can be held up as a great example of the traits of NPD, regardless of whether he has the disorder himself.
Lots of people saying the exact same disclosure as you do are saying the exact same thing. The only thing that stops people who hold medical degrees from saying this publicly is the industry ethics.

Its just so sad that: a) people didn't know that or b)people did and didn't care and c) republicans cared more about their party than actually doing something about it.
Old 23 November 2017, 04:28 PM

Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Even for Trump, who has defined the idea of the presidency downward, these tweets are shocking. So shocking in fact that I had to check multiple times that they were actually from Trump's verified Twitter account rather than some satirical one. But, they are very real -- and telling.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politi...all/index.html
Really? In no way did these tweets surprise me or seem different from many of his previous tweets, or, you know, statements. They are shocking, because I refuse to stop being shocked by his horrendous behavior, but I'm not seeing how they get the "even for him" part of this.
Old 25 November 2017, 02:01 AM

Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwins View Post
Really? In no way did these tweets surprise me or seem different from many of his previous tweets, or, you know, statements.
In reality, there is a marked departure in tone, but I don't think CNN was focussing on that. I think the CNN writer has some vestiges of hope that the Oval Office has a decent level of decorum that will still rub off on its current occupant.

It's a failing hope, but a hope nonetheless.
Old 25 November 2017, 04:20 PM

The only thing worse than reading about idiot Trump supporters confusing Lavar Ball with Levar Burton is reading the FB posts of idiot Trump supporters trivializing this as "someone messed up their spellcheck" and insisting that Trump is God.