snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 04 January 2018, 06:59 PM

Alarm: so Trump has Alexa? Good to know!
Old 04 January 2018, 08:47 PM

Default Stephen Colbert hopes to sweep Trump's 'dishonest & corrupt media' awards

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Last edited by E. Q. Taft; 04 January 2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05 January 2018, 03:04 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Just when I think Trump could not possible be less presidential, he proves me wrong. He is crass and crude and has no idea at all how to behave like a grown up and if most Americans aren't thoroughly embarrassed that he is president well I just give up. Honestly.
Trump is every moral failing, everyone of the seven deadly sins, in a rancid Oompa-Loompa orange wrapper...again I would have forgiven the Founding Fathers for so much, if they had put something in the Constitution that would keep Trump out of office. Not Slavery—that’s too great a wrong to overlook—but if the Electoral College kept him out of office, not only would I finally stop with all the rants, I would propose that we had the part in the Constitution bronzed. Unfortunately, the Electoral College is terrible and sucks, though my morbid curiosity does take some perverse delight, thinking of all the hissies Trump and co. would have thrown if he’d won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral College.

For the record, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Hillary Clinton is basically Ray Patterson from this Simpsons clip.

Though maybe there really is a red button. It might be the best way to handle Trump: set up a red button and claim that it would totally launch nukes. In reality, said button would just make explosive noises, with some audio interspersed in there, where someone with a bad foreign accent goes, “We were fools to try to mess with God-Emperor Trump and his mighty button! Why did we doubt Donald Trump’s astounding courage and intellect!” over and over.

Though for those wanting some more humor from Colbert (and who doesn’t), here’s a link.
Old 08 January 2018, 12:50 PM

Reporter

Apparently the winners will be announced on Jan 17. I can hardly wait.../s/
Maybe he'll announce them during the State of the Union.