snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Horrors

Old 07 December 2017, 07:21 AM

Flame Michigan morgue debunks fake news site's report employee cremated while taking a nap

The headline is a scorcher ó It claims a Macomb County morgue employee was accidentally cremated when he took a nap and was mistaken for the dead, CBS Detroit reports. Phone lines lit up Wednesday at the County Medical Examiner's Office and the prosecutor's office as employees tried to reassure everyone the report was all fake.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michiga...-taking-a-nap/
Old 07 December 2017, 07:56 AM

Interesting. I heard another story about the same website running a bogus story of a Milwaukee funeral home owner making a sex doll out of body parts: the immediate tip off besides the website itself was that no funeral home of the name exists in Milwaukee.
Old 07 December 2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Interesting. I heard another story about the same website running a bogus story of a Milwaukee funeral home owner making a sex doll out of body parts.
That's part of the plot of a novel I have by James Robert Baker (I think it's Boy Wonder, but I have two of his and it's so long since I read it that it might be the other one). One of the characters turns out to have plasticised the corpse of his murdered ex-girlfriend to use as a sex doll. At the end of the 1980s Baker seemed to be being touted as in the same league as Bret Easton Ellis and so on, with shockingly cynical realism, but I thought this one basically descended into over-the-top farce...