snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 04 December 2018, 06:09 PM

Tantrum

I got some food stains on my work shirt--the one I just washed last night. Looks like I'll be washing it again tonight. Me--->
Old 04 December 2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
I agree with Mouse about owning things in a format where the vendor can't take them back. I have slews of DVDs and CDs because I've heard too many horror stories about people who went to rewatch a download they bought, only to find it gone. I just wish the original sources would understand that there's a market for good quality print-on-demand DVDs, not just the cheapo licensed versions.

Seaboe
Not only that, but sometimes I want to watch a movie with friends. My friends have a larger house with a living room that's furnished for multiple people, whereas my apartment isn't really set up for having more than one person watching the TV at a time. So being able to take a DVD over to their house means we can watch it together. I can't do that with something I'm streaming.
Old 04 December 2018, 07:55 PM

Can't you log into your account from their house?
Old 04 December 2018, 08:31 PM

Sure, if I wanted to bring over my Playstation and hook it up to their TV then connect to their WiFi and hope their router is up to the task of streaming something. It's much easier to just bring a DVD and sticking it into their DVD player. Far less hassle.
Old 04 December 2018, 08:54 PM

Glasses

A coworker of mine decided to get rid of all the CDs he had for acts he could get through iTunes. I made out like a bandit. I took home two big boxes of CDs, and I didn't even take them all.

Seaboe
Old 04 December 2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Sure, if I wanted to bring over my Playstation and hook it up to their TV then connect to their WiFi and hope their router is up to the task of streaming something. It's much easier to just bring a DVD and sticking it into their DVD player. Far less hassle.
My bad, I was assuming a DVD with wifi, or a smart TV.
Old 05 December 2018, 01:03 AM

Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
The Timmie's by my new place is so horrible,
Is it on Hunt Club?

I flew in to Ottawa yesterday and stopped at Tim's. I ordered a plain bagel toasted with plain cream cheese and a medium black coffee. The employee behind the till was so involved in some yelling match with another employee that I ended up with (as I got out to Bell's Corners) a plain croissant toasted with plain cream cheese and a medium coffee with milk.

I ate the croissant (was not good) because I needed to eat with my medication, and I could only drink half the coffee.

It does not surprise me that you would have the same issue, even if it is not the same Tim's.
Old 05 December 2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEL View Post
Is it on Hunt Club?

I flew in to Ottawa yesterday and stopped at Tim's. I ordered a plain bagel toasted with plain cream cheese and a medium black coffee. The employee behind the till was so involved in some yelling match with another employee that I ended up with (as I got out to Bell's Corners) a plain croissant toasted with plain cream cheese and a medium coffee with milk.

I ate the croissant (was not good) because I needed to eat with my medication, and I could only drink half the coffee.

It does not surprise me that you would have the same issue, even if it is not the same Tim's.
It is not the on Hunt Club. It's on Richardson.
But yeah... I've seen a lot of bad Timmies, but not having the things on your menu..

takes the cake.
Old 05 December 2018, 03:06 PM

Glasses

The 5-story building I work in theoretically has three elevators: the main passenger elevator, the south passenger elevator and the freight elevator (which is not to be used for passengers, and, as it is quite old fashioned, most passengers wouldn't want to use).

The south passenger elevator is being rebuilt, and won't be back in service until after Shutdown. The freight elevator is--duh--for freight. The main passenger elevator is stuck on the fourth floor.

I called it in, I had one of our LA's call it in, and I'm hoping some other people called it in as well.

Seaboe
Old 06 December 2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crius of CoH View Post
Plus I get to try out a new-for-me video connection, the DisplayPort (which is the only common one between my video card and the new monitor; I had been using DVI but the new monitor doesn't support it).
Follow-up: When I ordered the monitor, I also ordered a DisplayPort cable. The monitor arrived within 36 hours and was a snap to set up and works beautifully; my PC upped the resolution output to match what my new monitor can handle and everything looks better than before. However, it turns out that both my graphics card and the monitor also do HDMI, and the monitor came with an HDMI cable, so my DisplayPort cable is redundant. I looked into returning the unnecessary $6.99 cable, but all four return options required a $5.99 return fee... leaving me with a whopping $1 in savings. So I have a spare DisplayPort cable for future use. Oh, and it's actually the wrong cable anyways - it's a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, so eh whatever.
Old 06 December 2018, 06:39 PM

Last year my employer had a special holiday lunch for all the employees, with a nice holiday meal provided by a caterer. This year they're just doing a holiday potluck. So for our holiday lunch they expect the employees to provide the food this year.
Old 06 December 2018, 06:55 PM

WildaBeast, my company is doing the same. They used to bring in a very nice lunch, with great desserts. This year, we get to bring in our own food, but they provide sodas. However, our biggest client is sending over a nice catered lunch for us on a different day. I think that might be the real holiday lunch.