snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 06 December 2016, 01:19 PM

Jaded Donald Trumpís Answer to a Question About Womenís Issues Is to Put Ivanka on the Phon

Quote:
When Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader of the House of Representatives, called Donald J. Trump shortly after the Nov. 8 election, they talked about domestic policy and infrastructure. But when Ms. Pelosi raised the specific subject of womenís issues, the president-elect did something unexpected: He handed the phone over to another person in the room ó his 35-year-old daughter, Ivanka.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/trum...ns-issues.html

*sigh*
Old 06 December 2016, 01:20 PM

I hold onto the hope that if Ivanka Trump is friends with Chelsea Clinton she can't be quite as shallow as she comes across. If that's true maybe there is some slender chance that she can influence the Groper in Chief on some issues. Please, no one disillusion me .
Old 06 December 2016, 01:28 PM

Icon204

Well, it was Nancy Pelosi, after all. She ticks two boxes on Trump's "people who's issues I don't give a ruby red rat's ass about"... she's a woman and a Democrat...
Old 06 December 2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I hold onto the hope that if Ivanka Trump is friends with Chelsea Clinton she can't be quite as shallow as she comes across. If that's true maybe there is some slender chance that she can influence the Groper in Chief on some issues. Please, no one disillusion me .
Unfortunately, I am finding it more likely to reflect poorly on Chelsea than well for Ivanka.
Old 08 December 2016, 12:15 PM

Maybe he should 'put a woman on the phone' when it comes to taking action on women's issues, too.
Old 08 December 2016, 01:19 PM

And since all human issues involve women . . .
Old 08 December 2016, 01:21 PM

Silly Thorny Locust... women aren't people! They're pleasure machines and egg factories on legs! Haven't you been paying attention to the Right all these yers?