snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 25 January 2016, 02:27 AM

Icon27 Weirdest way to wake up to X files!

Holy cow guys! I had the longest, weirdest, dream ever! Mamaduck and I were in our 40's, had two kids, had moved back into San Antonio proper and were complete suburbanites! So many things had happened good and bad! There was terrorism, bad politicians on both sides, and Donald freakin' Trump was leading the polls for POTUS!!! I was self employed and they actually made a SEVENTH Star Wars movie! It was so weird. I just heard the X Files music in the background and woke up to the familiar faces of Moulder and Scully! Thank goodness. Wait. Why is the room different? Why am I doing this on my phone? OH MY GOD!!!!!
Old 25 January 2016, 03:23 AM

I think you're still dreaming. How many fingers am I holding up?
Old 25 January 2016, 03:32 AM

Not sure ASL. Less than six? Another blast from the past! You've become famous as a question in chat rooms you know?
Old 25 January 2016, 03:33 AM

Welcome back! Stay and chat a while!
Old 25 January 2016, 03:34 AM

A dream? That's just what they want you to think.
Old 25 January 2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowlplay View Post
Another blast from the past! You've become famous as a question in chat rooms you know?
So I've heard. Apparently I'm also a communication method for the deaf. A strange dream you're having indeed...
Old 25 January 2016, 03:49 AM

I haven't been present in awhile but don't forget my roots. MD would be here but she can't remember her login. 😂 Maņana possibly. X files just jarred me back into the late 90's. Snopes message board was Facebook a decade before Facebook. It is fun watching people fall for the same old internet tricks from two decades ago.
Old 25 January 2016, 04:08 AM

Also, sorry if I'm a bit goofier than I was. That's kind of become my online stance in the last several years since the days of Pogue Mahone, Silas Sparkhammer, Bonnie and Vorlon the Ambassador's aid. I do drop in and read from time to time. I remember all of you that have posted tonight. Did anyone watch it? I actually didn't like it much in the old days but MD did. I find the reboot intriguing even if only for nostalgia purposes.
Old 25 January 2016, 07:47 AM

You don't know how bad the world has become. I've just been reading about drive-by yoghurt attacks in Somerset:

Drive-by yoghurt attack on crochet teacher's haberdashery leaves her shaken

I'd consider going back to sleep if I were you...
Old 25 January 2016, 12:03 PM

I meant to record the show, even though I fully expect to be disappointed. I was really into the show until the last season or two. I'd be embarrassed to describe just how into it I was.

Richard, thank you for sharing that headline, it made my morning.
Old 25 January 2016, 04:37 PM

Hello Kitty

My review of the first episode:

Scully is still right and men are still mansplaining to her.
Old 25 January 2016, 05:40 PM

Yes, Aimee Evilpixie.

She owned that whole episode. The only sour note in it for me was that they suggested that she'd allow herself, even for a moment, to be charmed by Tad.

It's an interesting start to this miniseries.

My only question (I rewound and played it over and over but the fake Russian accent was too muddled). Possible spoiler: the abductee woman mentioned something like a "diagnosis" and that's what broke up Scully and Mulder? Did anyone catch the actual line?
Old 25 January 2016, 06:10 PM

I was surprised at how quickly everyone just kind of slid back into their old roles. It's like the series just kind of took a 15 year break. It will be interesting to see if it has any traction past this mini series if it essentially just becomes a continuation of the original with few changes but maybe that ends up being what everyone wants. Who knows.
Old 25 January 2016, 06:55 PM

Chicken

Hi there everyone!
I mainly liked it but it had its weak points. I'll be giving it another 3-4 chances.
Old 26 January 2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL View Post
I think you're still dreaming. How many fingers am I holding up?
Quote:
Not sure ASL. Less than six? Another blast from the past! You've become famous as a question in chat rooms you know?
If it more then 6 it could be because they are an alien, don't trust them.

Crikey, we here in the land of Aus are still in the best of the old days stage. I think we are getting the new stuff very soon but I have forgotten the exact day. Funny the network that shows it here havn't "fast tracked" it because they are advertising it so heavily, if I wasn't such a fan I would be sick of it by now. But it school holidays and therefore non-rating period so that is most likely why.
Old 26 January 2016, 09:27 PM

Who said it was just one hand?
Old 26 January 2016, 10:04 PM

Quite. I can't count up to six unless I use all three hands. (And please don't ask me to count up to seven in public).
Old 31 January 2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
Quite. I can't count up to six unless I use all three hands. (And please don't ask me to count up to seven in public).
Tentacles?

Well it is on tonight. The reviewer in the TV guide that comes with the local paper liked the first episode, "even though it was panned overseas"

Has it been panned os? I tend not to pay too much attention to the reviewers in the local paper because at times I read a review and watch a program and think "Are we talking about the same program?" Not because we disagree on the quality of the program, cause, hey, taste differ. But because sometimes, what to me are simple plot points, confuse them. Or they don't understand something that was pretty well explained in the program reviewed.
Old 31 January 2016, 01:43 PM

Australia

Quote:
I was surprised at how quickly everyone just kind of slid back into their old roles. It's like the series just kind of took a 15 year break. It will be interesting to see if it has any traction past this mini series if it essentially just becomes a continuation of the original with few changes but maybe that ends up being what everyone wants. Who knows.
Yup, the ULMB is like that.
Old 31 January 2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
Well it is on tonight. The reviewer in the TV guide that comes with the local paper liked the first episode, "even though it was panned overseas"

Has it been panned os?
I think the general consensus from fans here in the US is that the first episode, heavy on the mythology, was confusing (even by X-Files standards), didn't fit with the characters, and the tone seemed off. The second episode, a stand-alone, was much better and felt like no time had passed since the original series run.