snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 25 March 2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Oh noes!

Hopefully, Dream!Bill will win the election, and have enough Dream!PoliticalClout to prevent the Dream!Pocalypse! If not, maybe he can at least Dream!Help Dream!You and Dream!People like Dream!You get to Dream!Safety in the Dream!South!

So, Dream!Win that Dream!Election, Dream!Bill! We're Dream!Counting on you!

No pressure or anything...
Thanks for the reply. I'm still waiting for the final result myself.

Meanwhile, the butcher shop in my mother's old neighborhood has a room it rents out to customers, complete with picture postcards you can send to your friends.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 26 March 2017, 04:40 PM

(1) One of the local TV stations is going a revival of the local kiddie show I used to watch.

They've updated the show and set up theme park-type rides, and the station personalities are talking about how great the rides are.

(2) I've got about six empty instant coffee containers in my bedroom.

Surprising, because I haven't bought instant coffee in years.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 28 March 2017, 07:22 PM

The "Man from U.N.C.L.E.," who was the subject of a TV show in the U.S. in the 1960s, has lent his name to a brand of chewing gum, in different fruit flavors.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 29 March 2017, 10:28 AM

Vanishing

I got a phone call from the hospital because I need to speak to my husband about his undead status.

He wants to be a zombie but he can't due to the fact he's a pile of ash in a box in my bedroom. He's thinking about being a poltergeist instead.

I'm trying to dissuade him from this as well.
Old 29 March 2017, 01:40 PM

Cow

I was at a county fair and saw many interesting things, among them, a cow and her calf with dog-like claws instead of hooves. The farmer/owner told me that the cow and calf were both deformed, and that he was on the line to Coolmore Farm (a major thoroughbred stud farm) for help because they also raise cattle.
Also saw a really nice small purse that turned into a larger purse when you inverted it and unzipped the bottom. There was also many smaller purses in it, so the whole thing resembled a Russian nesting doll.

I had no idea Coolmore Farm raised cattle as well as racehorses!
Old 29 March 2017, 04:40 PM

1980s Dodge/Plymouth minivans are now considered cool among young people. Particularly ones with the fake wood paneling. Ones in good condition sell for a lot of money.
Old 30 March 2017, 03:34 PM

I didn't finish high school the year I thought I did. I actually finished one year later.

I guess that means I've been going to the wrong reunions all these years. I'm wondering if there's some rule against that.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 30 March 2017, 06:35 PM

United States

Martha Stewart and Hillary Clinton are actually the same person, and in her Martha guise she's beating Trump at his game (not the election, but in strategic post-election moves). Among other things, she's climbing the stairs up the Space Needle, mainly because she knows he wouldn't be able to.
Old 01 April 2017, 02:41 PM

There's a variety of wine known as "mayonnaise," sold in a green bottle and not related to the condiment of the same name.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 02 April 2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
There's a variety of wine known as "mayonnaise," sold in a green bottle and not related to the condiment of the same name.

Thanks.

Bill
Grown & produced in County Mayo, no doubt!
Old 04 April 2017, 02:06 PM

I'm starting my new job.

The job description says I'm a "carpenter." I know little or nothing about carpentry and I'm wondering how I'll do. But so far I've only had to do easy stuff like clearing off snow, and haven't had to do any real carpentry.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05 April 2017, 02:28 AM

Royalty

Quote:
I'm starting my new job.

The job description says I'm a "carpenter." I know little or nothing about carpentry and I'm wondering how I'll do. But so far I've only had to do easy stuff like clearing off snow, and haven't had to do any real carpentry.

Thanks.

Bill

hmmm..can you calm storms and walk on water??
Old 05 April 2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I'm starting my new job.

Thanks.

Bill
Maybe you've acquired an anorexic drummer sister who gets depressed on rainy days and Mondays.
Old 07 April 2017, 03:14 PM

In my dream, I was dreaming, and when I awoke I realized my dream had allowed me to remember that when I was in college my parents had adopted three teenagers, and when they'd grown up I had lost all contact with them and had completely forgotten about them. I attempted to search for them, and found only one, a beautiful Hispanic woman who was friendly but clearly didn't want to talk with me, or help me locate the other two.
Old 07 April 2017, 03:44 PM

Glasses

There exists a type of sausage about 6' in diameter (yes, feet) that contains a banana, splayed out so that it divides the meat part of the sausage into 4 sections (yes, a banana that big), and which is served polished (not Polish, polish), in sheets about the thickness of paper. Even in my dream I knew this was weird.

Second, when the tires explode on a car that is parked at the curb, it does no damage other than blowing the tread off in tiny pieces, which fall beside the car like a thick, black line along the road side (as opposed to the curb side). The car remains driveable, despite the missing tire tread.

Seaboe
Old 10 April 2017, 02:24 AM

Military

I'm not safe in my apartment. Someone could walk right in off the street, break in through one of my windows, and abduct me. Never mind that I live on the 5th floor. Seriously, I woke up convinced I needed to go out and buy a gun for protection. It took a while to come off it...
Old 10 April 2017, 06:47 PM

Read This!

There's a new system of writing being introduced that involves using all versions of the same character to write a word. Not sure if that means using all available fonts or what, exactly, but it makes the words very very long and hard to read. (Like: wWO0orRDdS$s) But it's going to be mandatory so we all have to learn it. They -- whoever they are -- have hired Tom Hanks to be the spokesperson for this, and he's come to our neighborhood to pitch for it. My main question was how are they going to handle languages with non-Roman characters? Or are we going to have to include these characters in our spelling? I awoke before Hanx responded to my concerns.
Old 12 April 2017, 01:48 PM

I was in a college musical in the 1930s (1933?) and was reminiscing about it with someone over a copy of some sort of yearbook. I still remember the songs in the musical.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 12 April 2017, 03:12 PM

Glasses

I had a very well plotted dream last night that involved, in part, a book called Malus Malifica (I have no idea if that's good Latin, bad Latin, or not Latin at all). I know this is supposed to mean something evil, but in the dream, the book was more like an encyclopedia. Alas for the plot, when I woke up to turn over, I realized there was no way I was going to remember the dream, so I contented myself with making sure I remembered the title of the book.

Seaboe
Old 12 April 2017, 03:17 PM

There is an actual book called the Malleus Maleficarum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum
Closed Thread