snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 22 November 2018, 12:48 PM

Whalephant

Immy's been refusing Science Diet for months now. Even at her second favorite place, the [s]spa[/s] kennel. She did this years ago with the IAMS, Purina and Friskies.

She doesn't seem to get it she's on the blanket and I want it I'm just moving her.
Old 27 November 2018, 01:22 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Dearest Gobi-
Stop taking swipes/hissing at Pearl! You're scaring/confusing her! Are you mad because she was on my lap last evening? Well excuse her! Your turn will come soon enough.

The giver of laps.

Dearest Andraste-
It's good to see you not so scared anymore.

She who you head-bop
Old 28 November 2018, 04:24 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Dear TGG,

Everything is a kitten toy! Everything is a kitten toy! Everything is a kitten toy!

That includes Ash! And you! -- Pounce!

love and bounces, Marmalade

Semi-dear Marmalade:

See this paw? It's got claws in it.

Love but with boundaries! -- Ash
That’s kind of how a relationship between a kitten and an older cat usually plays out. Older cat is willing to play and might even enjoy it, but they have no problem with reminding Junior cat who’s the boss and being all, “You’re cute, but you ain’t that cute.”

It’s somewhat how things are between my Minnie-kitty and Roxy-kitty. Minnie still hisses at Roxy a lot, though they do wrestle and chase each other. I like to think there’s some kind of affection between the two of them I’m always trying to sell Minnie on the perks of having a partner-in-crime/patsy, especially since they are both calicos, which would probably make it even easier for Minnie to pin things on young interloper.
Old 28 November 2018, 04:51 PM

Shadow,
Yes, I know your dish is empty. You'll have your dry food in a couple of hours when I get back from the store. You'll just have to be content with canned food until then.

Your thumbed servant
Old 28 November 2018, 05:04 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Dear Smittykins-
This act of insubordination will go in your employee file!

Shadow
Old 28 November 2018, 06:07 PM

Dear Iris --

Please stop going to Kitty Narnia (aka behind the washer/dryer). You always forget how to get out and end up crying pitifully for help, which we can't really offer, because our arms aren't long enough to reach you. It's a good thing you can jump high enough to get out on your own.
Old 28 November 2018, 07:19 PM

Glasses

Lainie, have you tried hanging something behind the washer/dryer as a rescue that a cat would find easy to climb -- like a shower curtain? In my experience cats find those as easy to climb as my pajama covered legs.

Morning

Nurse asked me "how did you get those scars?" , suspecting some sort of abuse to me. I simply answered "cats" and didn't go into the details such as "Well, Thomas was trying to kill the small dog from next door and I got in the way. (Right hand, forefinger diagonally to wrist, unfaded in 18 years, one of many.)

(Damn, I miss having a cat.)
Old 01 December 2018, 03:52 PM

LOL, I had the same conversation with my doctor. I think she was concerned about self-harm, and TBH I could see why.

We have put a body pillow upright behind the washer/dryer, but for some reason Iris -- who frequently climbed the shower curtain even while I was taking a bath -- wouldn't climb it. Fortunately, she's a powerful jumper, and after a few false starts managed to jump up onto the washer.
Old 01 December 2018, 10:16 PM

Glasses

Try telling the kitty a stern "No!" if she even looks at the pillow. She'll probably climb it as soon as you turn around.

Morning
Old 02 December 2018, 11:42 AM

Whalephant

Dear Immy,

I am not going to apologize to you for sneezing on you. You've sneezed on me-and my food!- so many times getting sneezed on yourself is only fair.

your human
Old 07 December 2018, 11:03 PM

Dear Nelson-kitty,

I know, your sneaky plan to go explore the garage by waiting right next to the door when you hear me come home so you can bolt in there the second I open the door has been working lately. You seem really happy to get to sniff the car tires and stick your head in the space behind the garbage bins. But I can assure you, the garage hasn't changed since yesterday. There's no need for you to go re-explore it every day. The weather's getting cold, and the human doesn't want to leave the door open and let cold air into the house until you're ready to come back in.
Old 08 December 2018, 03:51 PM

Dear Fritz,
Put your fishie toy down before you go get a drink of water, because otherwise the fishie toy gets wet, and is not fun until it dries out. Going over and yodeling at the water bowl won't make the fishie hop out and become dry.
Old 10 December 2018, 01:59 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

I suppose I should wonder how you always come wanting to rest on my built-in shelf, just as I am either getting in or out of bed. I’d say you have the worst timing, but you probably view things in a manner akin to Gandalf: A kitty is never late. Nor is she early. She arrives precisely when she means to.

Or in other words, your timing is all right; it’s mine you feel needs improvement.

Love,

Your Adoring Thumbbeast
Old 14 December 2018, 02:07 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

Once again, you are on a mission of destruction when it comes to the holiday and once again, I have to ask, “Why?” Did we unintentionally adopt a Chanukah Cat, or a Kwanzaa Kitty, Festivus Feline, or a just plain iconoclast? The holiday is rough on me, but I cope by writing long pages of existential angst in my journal, not by trying to destroy Christmas. A furry, green guy taught me that you can’t stop Christmas from coming, no matter how hard you try, so we’re both kind of stuck. There will be bags and wrapping paper to play with come Christmas Day.

Love,

Your Favorite Thumbbeast

P.S. You made me double-post. I hope you can live with yourself.
Old 20 December 2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Dear Silence,

Please come back.

Your worried servants
Silence is alive, GenYette spotted her in a neighbor's yard*. But she has no interest in coming back. So mixed news.

* Silence has a folded ear from a pre-capture infection so it is easy to recognize her.
Old 20 December 2018, 05:09 AM

GenYus, I'm really glad that at least she is alive!

-- cans of tuna fish, making a trail to your door? -- can you talk to the neighbors? maybe she's moved in with them; in which case, you'd at least know that she's taken care of.
Old 20 December 2018, 02:58 PM

Icon05

Nurse asked me "how did you get those scars?" , suspecting some sort of abuse to me. I simply answered "cats" and didn't go into the details s

(Damn, I miss having a cat.)[/QUOTE]

Gobie likes to stand on my god-given kitty shelf and knead it. With his claws out of course. Naturally this puts marks on the shelf and confuses the daylights out of my gynecologist. I'm thinking she should write an article and submit it.
Old 20 December 2018, 03:33 PM

I was just thinking about Silence the other day. I’m glad she’s been spotted.
Old 23 December 2018, 02:06 AM

Mouse

Glad to hear that Silence is okay. Maybe just keep an eye out and offer her some tuna or something. It’ll be sad if she doesn’t come through your door, tail held high, but hopefully she’ll at least have a home. Take care, GenYus.

Dear Roxy,

I am frantically knocking on wood as I write this, but apparently you’ve worked through whatever Christmas-related trauma you were suffering from. You attacked the tree a little when we put it up, but now you seem to have settled in.

Love,

Your Hopeful Thumbbeast
Old 03 January 2019, 06:34 PM

Icon05

Dearest Gobi-
Why is it every time I go to make my bed, you're sitting on it? And you get super pissed off when I ask you to move so I can either put fresh sheets on it or straighten out the current sheets. Don't you like chilling out on a made bed?

Confused servant