snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 14 June 2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
I don't think they're going to mix the two kitten batches until Song is out. That would be tooooo much of a change for her, and i don't think it would work out. We're fortunate that she accepted Kazoo with only a few harmless swats and hisses. Three more strange kittens would put her over the edge, I think.
If I followed what they were saying in the video, they're going to mix the kittens while Song is being spayed and while she's recovering from being spayed, during which time she'll be separated from all of them; but it sounded as if they haven't decided yet what to do once she's recovered. I suppose they might just make it an abrupt weaning and keep her permanently separated both from her own kits and the newly-adopted Kazoom; but it seems kind of a shame, though if they all get adopted in different directions I suppose it's going to happen anyway.
Old 14 June 2017, 06:54 PM

Bonsai Kitten

On Thursday it's going to be absolute mayhem in the Kitten Room!

With Song and Fiddle recuperating from spay/neuter in the Annex, they'll have four of the five Squints, Kazoo, and the Three Dances... EIGHT KRAZY KITTENS romping about causing a ruckus!
Old 16 June 2017, 05:00 PM

Mr. Academy expressed a little concern that the Squints and the Dances weren't mingling. They're all in the main room now, but each group sort of keeps to themselves.

Well... the ice is melting some. I just saw Banjo and Cha-Cha chasing each other and romping.
Old 17 June 2017, 01:09 PM

As a trial run for the mailbag unboxing this morning, DJ is in the kitten room with all 9 kittens... and Custard! They're trying to see how the kittens do around a strange adult cat, and so far they all seem to be getting along swimmingly!
Old 17 June 2017, 02:59 PM

Tantrum

Kazoo is such a little brat!!

Always starting a tussle with bigger kids and always the first to start squealing when the bigger kids gets the upper paw!
Old 21 June 2017, 10:32 AM

Well, today is Fiddle's and Song's last day at the Academy! In the Kitten Close-Up last night Mr. A said that their adopter was already in town and should be by sometime today to pick them up. It's been tons of fun, Fiddle and Song! Play yourselves off!

As for the new kittens, Cha-Cha already has adoption applications in, but Kazoo, Waltz, and Foxtrox do not. I can maybe understand why some of the newer kittens don't have applications in yet, but how could Kazoo not have one yet? Adorable kitten, adorable name that's quite fitting... If I were closer to Illinois and could make the trip, I'd put in an app!
Old 21 June 2017, 08:20 PM

Cheer

Mandy jumped from the cat tree onto the table ... it was quite a leap -- Mr. A posted a photo of the leap on the Twitter feed

she explored, fell off twice, was joined by Banjo ... knocked the roll of paper towels to the floor

the camera was adjusted so one could see the table over the top of the tree where Kazoo & Lute sat & watched
Lute considered joining on the table but never gave it a serious try

it was a lot of fun
Old 23 June 2017, 12:11 PM

Fiddle and Song wave goodbye!

https://youtu.be/6g7_3YY8_os?t=1h17m40s
Old 24 June 2017, 12:56 AM

Icon06

OK, who's chopping onions in here?

It's always hard to see the kitties leave, even though you know they're going to loving fur-ever homes.
Old 25 June 2017, 08:08 PM

Hello Kitty Cry Havoc And Release The Kittens Of War

S'mai bawb:

The kittens were let out of the kitten room to explore and meet the staff. And Chacha once again meets her nemesis - Elsie the dog:

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "It's The Kitten Apocalypse" ab Arthur
Old 26 June 2017, 12:40 AM

That is one very laid back dog.

Is she a very old dog? or do they take her out for a good long run before kitten introductions? or is she just thinking, 'there's no sense in standing up and trying to make friends with these kits, they always take them away again just as I'm getting to know them'?
Old 26 June 2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
That is one very laid back dog.

Is she a very old dog? or do they take her out for a good long run before kitten introductions? or is she just thinking, 'there's no sense in standing up and trying to make friends with these kits, they always take them away again just as I'm getting to know them'?
I seem to remember Mr. A mentioning Elsie's backstory as a Golden Retriever of a special lineage. However, something about her genetics was wrong so that she couldn't have puppies (or the right type of puppies). Therefore,she started a new career at Kitten Academy as the Canine Cordiality Officer.

I've never really seen Elsie interact with the "staff cats" in the nightly streams either, now that you mention it. She might just be a very laid back pup who sees the staff cats and kittens as fuzzballs that must be tolerated.

Of course, when the cameras are off, Elsie and the staff cats might be holding wild parties and high stakes poker games. Who knows?

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "The kittens we must bear in life" ab Arthur
Old 30 June 2017, 08:12 PM

Hello Kitty New Mom Cat Arrives

Hi All:

Meet the new mom cat that just arrived at KA.

At the rate new cats are coming in, Mr. A is going to have to build another classroom

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Me and my baby" ab Arthur

Last edited by Ieuan ab Arthur; 30 June 2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add the new mom cat video
Old 01 July 2017, 11:40 AM

And her name is Rue, which means that her kittens will probably be the Herbs.
Old 01 July 2017, 12:31 PM

Hello Kitty

Rue has interesting facial markings. Usually when I've seen stripes on a kitty's cheeks they're connected to the eye corners and/or curve down the cheek at more of an angle instead of almost straight across them.

She looks like a sweetie.

~Psihala
(*Rue's got racing stripes!)
Old 01 July 2017, 12:44 PM

Hello Kitty

More of Rue in last night's Kitten Close-Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo762vHGFJo

She is a little kitty with a BIG belly! How many little furballs does she have cooking in there anyway?

ETA: More big mews from the Close-Up... ARIAL HAS BEEN ADOPTED! Yay! Also, all of the Squints have adopters except Lute. Hopefully someone will apply soon. Some of the Squints will be leaving within the next few days to a week. The Dances and Kazoo should be going out for their graduation in another week as well. Soon, only Lute, Kazoo, and the Dances will be in the main room. Rue and her new litter will be in the annex.

Another ETA: Apparently it's ROUX, not RUE. So I guess her kittens will be the Sauces?

Last edited by TallGeekyGirl; 01 July 2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01 July 2017, 01:12 PM

Icon86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post

Another ETA: Apparently it's ROUX, not RUE. So I guess her kittens will be the Sauces?
To my overactive imagination, that sounds more than vaguely... horrifying.

~Psihala
(*There is a reason Enoch's name was changed from 'Tomato' the minute he was adopted.)
Old 01 July 2017, 02:34 PM

Bonsai Kitten

We could have Marinara, Alfredo, Pesto, Salsa, Au Jus, Gravy, Soy, Teriyaki, Wasabi, Hollandaise... perhaps even all of them as big as poor little Roux is!
Old 01 July 2017, 02:51 PM

She's beautiful. What a sweetie.
Old 01 July 2017, 07:52 PM

Cheer

During this morning's mailbag, Mr A read a letter from 'Erica, Bill, & Ash' .... me thinks it was TGG!

he showed the photo of Ash sent along with the letter & I would know that beautiful boy anywhere ...

& he was really impressed with the donation of the FreshStep points to On Angels' Wings .... very kind of you

I don't know why but it made me feel a bit mushy that two of my favourite places -- Snopes & Kitten Academy -- are connected
& it was TGG who first brought me to Kitten Academy too