snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 04 May 2016, 02:48 AM

People who just don't want to listen or follow instructions.

I spent the morning with one client explaining to him over and over again what the problem was and how we could verify the problem and solution.

At the same time I'm having an email correspondence with another client who a co-worker sent a step by step guide to what needed to be done. After a series of questions from that client which verified that she hadn't even opened the document she sent me a link to random website and asked if that's where she needed to go. I pointed her back to the document which she read enough to say "the two websites don't match should we do 'thing that makes no sense what so ever'?"
Old 04 May 2016, 03:58 AM

It's a three-fer!

1. My new job is fairly decent, but they really need to work on their communication. Last week I was assigned a task to contact company X about client Y. That was it. No details about why I am contacting company X about client Y.

2. Lenovo support. Damn you, Lenovo support. The website they directed me to does not work, the phone menus do not work, I cannot understand your tech support people because you give them crappy headsets, etc, etc, etc... It was just a terrible experience.

3. The client who owns the Lenovo laptop mentioned in in number 2 does not want to pay for the time that I have spent on the phone with Lenovo support. She will not do it herself, because of the time involved,.
Old 04 May 2016, 05:01 PM

I recently purchased a new phone and today got an email asking me to take a "brief" survey with the promise of a $5 gift card for participating. Well I don't know how anyone else defines "brief" but to me it's not a survey that takes 15 minutes. Not happening.
Old 04 May 2016, 10:04 PM

I want to buy clear thumbtacks. Not pushpins. A Google search for "clear thumbtacks" shows only pushpins. Those are not the same thing.
Old 04 May 2016, 10:41 PM

I just bought a ticket to a show from Ticketmaster. Some of the seats were $72, some were $54, and nosebleed seats were $45. I wanted to buy one of the seats in the $54 section (all the really good seats were already sold anyway, so the few remaining $72 seats weren't really much better than the $54 ones). I thought when I was looking at the seating chart I had unchecked the box for the $72 section, and that the seat map was only showing seats that were $54 or cheaper, so I picked a seat and checked out without really paying attention to the price. It turns out I was mistaken, and I had actually selected a seat that cost $72 (Plus Ticketmaster's fees). Ticketmaster will only let you exchange a ticket for a seats that costs the same or better; they won't let you change to a cheaper seat for a partial refund.
Old 05 May 2016, 06:51 PM

I have a narcolepsy medication that is delivered to my local FedEx store once a month (this is not optional. It cannot be delivered to my home or work) Someone at FedEx turned AUS for Austin to AU for Australia and my freaking medication went to Sydney. I was supposed to have this Saturday. It was still in Australia as of this morning. There are no generics, no overseas buying, nothing close, and this is only made and distributed by one company/pharmacy in the country.

They assured me I'd have it by 9AM this morning, but that's come and gone.

I may be a little bit more than annoyed.
Old 05 May 2016, 08:45 PM

Icon95

Sure, annoying, but it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Okay, a bit much until the problem si resolved, but when does a person get a chance for a joke like that. I really do hope they get it to you timely.
Old 06 May 2016, 12:16 AM

post deleted
Old 06 May 2016, 02:07 AM

After two weeks of arguing about how much I was shorted on my last paycheck, we finally agreed on a number, but somehow our payroll clerk has messed it up again. Either the amount is wrong or they taxed my bonus pay at close to 77%.
Old 09 May 2016, 12:15 AM

Mouse

Judging by Snopes's front page, by all the "Obvious Fake News Article is Obvious and Fake" and "Legitimate News Reported by Many Legitimate News Sites is Legitimate" articles, I keep thinking Snopes and Barbara are eventually going to snap and go on a massive killing spree, killing all the proprietors of said fake news sites. Leap naked from some high spot and carve them up, using their bodies to spell out "It's Fake, You Idiots!" Why naked? I just assume Snopes and Barbara graduated from the Beowulf school of combat and figure since the monster battles without clothes, so should they.

I know, I know, probably got way too dark in that paragraph, but honestly...I assume most people who pass on this stuff, either their idea of skepticism means "I must question everything and not sort out facts and evidence for myself," or, more likely, they read the headline, close their eyes, and from there, make the conscientious decision as to whether or not to believe. Once said decision has been made, what few, if any, critical faculties, cease to exist.
Old 09 May 2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Judging by Snopes's front page [...]
Just IMO, but this is a pretty inappropriate thing to write about anyone. You know Snopes and Barbara are actual people, right?
Old 09 May 2016, 10:44 PM

Every time I'm about to go on call, I don't sleep. It's like my brain says, "Okay, we might get woken up a lot in the next few days, so we better get a good night's sleep tonight before it starts tomorrow." And the subsequent pressure of trying to make myself fall asleep means I lay awake all night. I hate my brain.
Old 09 May 2016, 11:11 PM

I have that problem any time I have to wake up extremely early. In school, if I ever had an important exam the next morning, I'd never be able to fall asleep. Likewise if I have to catch an early morning flight.

My LTTAM: This morning I cleaned my keyboard, even removing some of the keys to get at stubborn crumbs that were stuck in the crevices. Now several keys, including my spacebar (which I didn't remove) aren't working properly.
Old 10 May 2016, 01:06 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejtronic View Post
Just IMO, but this is a pretty inappropriate thing to write about anyone. You know Snopes and Barbara are actual people, right?
I was being facetious and I thought my post was more a slam against idiots who pass around fake news articles than Snopes and Barbara. I have nothing against Snopes and Barbara; they are both fabulous people who have provided me with an awesome place to hang out at. The fact that they haven't snapped under the weight of so much idiocy proves that they are indeed, saints among men, built of something stronger than vibranium or adamantium combined. Don't eff with Snopes and Barbara! It won't end well.
Old 10 May 2016, 01:25 AM

Cheer

I'm growing my hair out and it's touching my shoulders. Yay! Just under two years ago I had a pixie cut and it was above my ears.

However, where it rests on the back of my neck (hereafter called "my neck"), it's very annoying. I'll be glad when it gets longer so it doesn't sit on my neck but flows past it. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like anything on my neck - be it a collar, a necklace, or hair.
Old 10 May 2016, 01:39 AM

Shout

I wasn't really thinking about Jungle Book but I heard I should see it so I checked out the release dates and, yep, predictably, we're way down at the bottom - four months after almost every country in the rest of the world. I would write a list of countries that will see it before us but it's all of them. Even the second to the last one on the list gets it a month and a half before we. I would put this in First World Problems but much of the third world gets to see most movies before Japan.
Old 10 May 2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reading Girl View Post
However, where it rests on the back of my neck (hereafter called "my neck"), it's very annoying. I'll be glad when it gets longer so it doesn't sit on my neck but flows past it. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like anything on my neck - be it a collar, a necklace, or hair.
That has been the point at which most of my attempts to grow out my hair have ended with me in the stylist's chair saying "cut it off! cut it all off!"
Old 10 May 2016, 06:00 PM

I have a colonoscopy tomorrow...Yipee. I can't eat. I can drink my usual beverage of choice. However, I've not had an alcoholic drink in 30 years. I do not relish the idea of being out of control of my actions and my mouth. DH has had a few colonoscopies and along with the amnesia it causes, he acted like he did when he was drunk. Ugh. I hate the thought of that. Oh, and drinking that prep stuff...blah a gallon of that crap, and a sleepless night on top of it. I can't wait until this time tomorrow.
Old 10 May 2016, 06:07 PM

Icon02

It seems I have to turn in a original document by Thursday and they won't accept copies or PDFs. The place to turn it in is 30 minutes away. I was there yesterday, but at that time, I thought a copy would be cool, so I didn't put pressure on myself to do it right then and there.

So now I have to figure out if I have to drive an hour just to literally hand over a piece of paper or if maybe the mail will get to them by the due date.
Old 10 May 2016, 06:58 PM

People who phone me at work. Our phone system shows when a person is busy or in a meeting, so there's no reason to call when I'm not at my desk - Especially when it means leaving a long, detailed voicemail that I can't reference later (and when the person is asking me to make specific changes to something, it really helps to be able to reference their request). I can see wanting to call if the topic needs clarification, but calling just to leave voicemail is next to useless.

Other little thing that annoys me: I know full well that method of communication is a matter of personal preference and that there are phone people and email people and IM people. But if you must use the phone, at least wait until the little dot next to my name is green so that I'm actually around to talk to you.
Closed Thread