snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 21 February 2017, 03:38 AM

Icon106 Former teen idol David Cassidy says he has dementia

Former teen idol David Cassidy said on Monday he was suffering from dementia, a day after weekend performances in California in which he forgot his words and appeared to fall off stage raised concern about his health. The former Partridge Family singer and actor, 66, told People magazine he was fighting dementia, a disease that his mother also suffered from.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...ntia-1.3991749

Old 21 February 2017, 03:08 PM

Glasses

Very sad.

Seaboe
Old 18 November 2017, 11:19 PM

US actor and singer David Cassidy is “conscious and surrounded by family”, his spokeswoman has said, after he was admitted to hospital for organ failure earlier this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...-organ-failure

Right now The Partridge Family is being re-run on a station I get and it's been such a blast from my teenage past. I am embarrassed to admit how many episodes I remember very clearly and how many of the songs I can sing along with. And what can I say? I had such a crush on Keith/David Cassidy.
Old 19 November 2017, 12:10 AM

My big crush was Bobby Sherman, but I loved watching The Partridge Family.
Old 19 November 2017, 12:29 AM

I was in love with Captain James T Kirk. But Keith Cassidy was definitely cuter than any of the Brady boys.
Old 19 November 2017, 12:37 AM

My first crush was Paul McCartney but I was only 5 at the time . Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy and Donny Osmond all had a spot in my heart at one time or another when I was going through the teenybopper phase, IIRC Shaun Cassidy was my last crush before I moved on from crushing on "non threatening boys". I can still remember buying 16 and Tiger Beat and believing the stories implicitly.
Old 19 November 2017, 01:42 AM

My very first crush must have been David McCallum. I remember "liking" him when I was young enough that I didn't really understand what I felt.
Old 22 November 2017, 02:57 AM

No

David Cassidy, the teen and pre-teen idol who starred in the 1970s sitcom "The Partridge Family" and sold millions of records as the musical group's lead singer, died Tuesday at age 67. Cassidy, who announced earlier this year that he had been diagnosed with dementia, died surrounded by his family, a family statement released by publicist JoAnn Geffen said. No further details were immediately available, but Geffen said on Saturday that Cassidy was in a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, hospital suffering from organ failure.

"David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long," the statement said. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...t-67-1.3688580

Feeling so sad right now. I wish that he had had a happier life post Partridge Family. For me he will always be Keith, the cute guy with the choker and the long hair that made my 12 yr old heart go pit-a-pat.
Old 22 November 2017, 02:56 PM

Glasses

I saw this in the yahoo news last night, and thought of you, Sue.

I'm glad he pulled his life together before the end.

Seaboe
Old 22 November 2017, 09:15 PM

I was never a teeny-bopper, and was completely mystified at the time as to what girls saw in the likes of David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, and so forth. (Then again, to some degree I'm still mystified as to what women see in men, period...) However, that didn't stop me from watching The Partridge Family, or owning several of their albums (the first one, in particular, I played quite a lot).

My friend Colleen, who had a major-league crush on David when she was a teen, told a delightful story about seeing him many years later in a show in Las Vegas. The ticket was a birthday present to herself, and she told the ticket agent she wanted the best seat in the house, regardless of price. He said he could put her in the front row -- but, she might be interested to know that when David sang "I Think I Love You," he always came down into the audience and always stopped by the same table and sang directly to whatever lady was sitting there... "Sold!" Colleen said. And sure enough, he came to that table, put out his hand, she took it, and he sang a chorus of the song right to her. For a few minutes she was 14 again.
Old 22 November 2017, 11:19 PM

What a lovely memory for her! I never had the chance to meet David Cassidy but back when Donny Osmond was in Toronto starring in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat my sisters and some of our cousins and I all went to see it together and were able to participate in a "meet and greet" after the show. Awesome guy, and if he's not genuinely nice then the world lost a brilliant actor when he decided to focus on his music!