snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 21 December 2018, 10:43 PM

Default Coulter, writing for Breitbart: Trump’s a gutless president in a wall-less country

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-less-country/

When Ann Coulter, writing for what what was once called “Trump’s Personal ‘Pravda’” says he’s bad…

Here’s the archived copy for those who don’t want to feel quite so dirty: https://archive.is/Irgnn

Also: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b184a8144fdd
Old 21 December 2018, 11:04 PM

I notice how much people seem to want to bring up that Rump was a former Democrat but rarely bring up the amount of time he spent as a member of the Reform Party.
Old 22 December 2018, 12:05 PM

…his alignment was never mentioned once in the article. What Ann actually focused on was that if Dubya was going to build the stupid wall, he’d be out there looking for tunnels in El Paso, not goofing off in…I dunno…Nebraska or somewhere?

Last edited by Jusenkyo no Pikachu; 22 December 2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Quote was unnecessary
Old 22 December 2018, 12:08 PM

Whalephant

I just love how it never seems to occur to them that if the wall was there they'd just use boats.
Old 22 December 2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
I just love how it never seems to occur to them that if the wall was there they'd just use boats.
There’s also a bridge, as well as illegal tunnels. You’d be right in claiming that I loved The Bridge, but, well…http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4653536.stm
Old 23 December 2018, 02:54 AM

Mouse

There’s also this amazing technology called NFBSKing planes. In fact, I’ve heard that’s how most undocumented immigrants enter the country. All they have to do is claim they’re here on a vacation, get on a plane, then once they’re here, never leave.

John Oliver did a whole episode where he crunched the numbers regarding Trump’s wall. His conclusion was that it was a big, stupid idea that grows more expensive with time, words that can just as easily describe Trump in addition to his wall.
Old 24 December 2018, 12:46 AM

S'mai bawb:

Help is on the way if people want to cross Trump's wall without going to the whole effort of tunnels, boats or airplanes. There's a GoFundMe set up to help buy ladders to get over the wall

Actually, the money raised from this GoFundMe will go to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services of Texas.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Up and Over" ab Arthur
Old 24 December 2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusenkyo no Pikachu View Post
…his alignment was never mentioned once in the article. What Ann actually focused on was that if Dubya was going to build the stupid wall, he’d be out there looking for tunnels in El Paso, not goofing off in…I dunno…Nebraska or somewhere?
I don't think we really need any links to 'Ann' (even if you really are on a first-name basis). It doesn't help any that an extra link was added to a full archive of the exact same page (with the same ads - which is all they care about) and it doesn't have anything to do with 'feeling dirty'. It's yet another irrelevant opinion in yet another unnecessary thread.

Also, his previous affiliation was brought up in the first paragraph of the third link you posted in the OP, another rehash of an opinion anyone who cares to see has already seen and that you didn't bother reading before posting.
Old 24 December 2018, 04:19 PM

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
In fact, I’ve heard that’s how most undocumented immigrants enter the country. All they have to do is claim they’re here on a vacation, get on a plane, then once they’re here, never leave.
I've heard the same thing many times as well; come to the USA on a visa, visa expires, and you know the rest.

I guess you won't be contributing to the GoFundMe campaign for Dear Leader's wall?
Old 24 December 2018, 05:49 PM

Roll eyes Trump says border wall will be built with "shutdown money"

President Trump, who is spending the holidays in the White House after cancelling a trip to his Mar-a-Lago resort, said on Christmas Eve that a "complete" wall on the southern border will be built with "Shutdown money plus funds already in hand."

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/go...-live-updates/
Old 24 December 2018, 07:55 PM

On that kind of budget, it will be a foot tall and made of Legos?
Old 24 December 2018, 11:39 PM

Well, presuming that he's going to cave (please cave, Trump. Please please please don't cave, Democrats!), he's going to need some sort of excuse to (he'll think) save face.

If he wants to claim he saved five billion during the shutdown, as long as he caves, it's all right with me.

(It's utter nonsense, isn't it? Back salaries, or at least a lot of them, will be paid after the closed departments reopen. And anything that got screwed up during the closure will probably just cost more to fix.)
Old 03 January 2019, 03:07 PM

Back salaries will *probably* be paid when the government reopens. They always have been so far, but there's no obligation to pay them. It is conceivable that Congress will choose not to pay. But that still doesn't really free up any money, since the whole point is that the government is out of money to begin with.