snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 18 January 2017, 11:05 PM

Icon402 Female, 17, charged with knife-point rape of 19-year-old man

A 17-year-old Saginaw woman could face life in prison on charges she raped a 19-year-old man at knife point. Lestina Marie Smith was arraigned Tuesday morning, Jan. 17, on two felony counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct. Each charge carries a maximum punishment of life in prison.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...h_knife-p.html

Er, read comments at your own risk (I've seen worse, but still ...)
Old 19 January 2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post

I'd rather not. I can already imagine the dismissals and """jokes""" at the victim's expense.

Old 19 January 2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Neither would I. I can just imagine the kinds of comments.
Old 19 January 2017, 01:23 PM

I took a look. By the time I looked I gather many comments were deleted and it ended up an electoral college vs. popular vote...Haha we won...Hillary sucks...Donaald sucks more....blah blah you get the point.
Old 19 January 2017, 08:17 PM

That's surprising, as when I had first found that article, the comments were mostly about how a man could perform under those circumstances, with some rather unfortunate comments about the appearance of the perp, including whether she was originally female.
Old 19 January 2017, 08:48 PM

I'm guessing that the (male) writers of such comments never experienced having an erection at a really unfortunate time, then. Or are just generally unaware of how our bodies' physiological responses during times of fear and danger aren't always rational and reasonable.
Old 19 January 2017, 08:52 PM

I don't think any male over 15 has never experienced an erection at an unfortunate time.
Old 19 January 2017, 08:58 PM

Yeah, but they're usually pretty quick to forget about it when rushing to question the masculinity of a male rape victim.
Old 19 January 2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
That's surprising, as when I had first found that article, the comments were mostly about how a man could perform under those circumstances, with some rather unfortunate comments about the appearance of the perp, including whether she was originally female.
It's really not rocket science (ok that's a bad pun, unintentional I promise), but when a man (especially a younger man) gets manual stimulation, there's a good chance there will be an erection. The rest ensues.

OY
Old 19 January 2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife! View Post
I don't think any male over 15 has never experienced an erection at an unfortunate time.
I agree with you, fwiw- my above post was intended as sarcasm. Not sure if that came across correctly and wanted to just make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Yeah, but they're usually pretty quick to forget about it when rushing to question the masculinity of a male rape victim.
This is pretty much what I was getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overyonder View Post
It's really not rocket science (ok that's a bad pun, unintentional I promise), but when a man (especially a younger man) gets manual stimulation, there's a good chance there will be an erection. The rest ensues.

OY
Exactly (though I don't think ANTM himself was questioning the scenario, just reporting on comments related to it). It's the same physiological basis of why female rape victims may orgasm or otherwise seem to be "enjoying it." Which is part of why rape as a crime is so awful- apart from the invasion of a person's body, the rapist takes something that should be natural and enjoyable (and for many people, an act reserved for people you love & who love you and respect you) and turns it into something emotionally and often physically painful.
Old 20 January 2017, 01:05 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
I'm guessing that the (male) writers of such comments never experienced having an erection at a really unfortunate time, then. Or are just generally unaware of how our bodies' physiological responses during times of fear and danger aren't always rational and reasonable.
Hey, I'm a chick and even I know dude's don't have perfect control of their penises. If they did, there wouldn't be such a thing as premature ejaculation.

Though I'm still not going to read the comments. MRAs are always like "Durr, feminists don't care about male victims of rape and abuse," but feminists tend to be the ones who say, "This was wrong, you are a victim, and you have every reason to be mad or upset about this," while MRAs tend to use them as fodder for jokes. It's almost as they don't really care about male victims and just use them as an excuse to prop up a toxic philosophy, but surely that can't be the case.

Because it turns out that stereotyping guys as always wanting sex no matter what the circumstances, actually has bad consequences for guys. MRAs see men incapable of being anything but walking dicks. Feminists see them as thinking, feeling humans capable of basic self-control, yet somehow they're stereotyped as having a more negative view of men.