snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 09 December 2016, 01:41 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you. Just, thank you. I come here for my dose of sanity every day. I am so happy that other people (you!) recognize that there are still facts in the world, and I am sorry for the craziness you have to deal with every day. So,
THANK YOU!
Old 14 December 2016, 06:33 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Just wanted to say thank you for being a voice of reason on the internet. I have been doing online debate for 15+ years and have relied many a time upon Snopes to give me the objective facts as opposed to the anecdotes common in debate. I applaud the work you all do as I know how difficult it can be to deep dive a claim in an effort to find the root source of a claim.

So again thank you for your objectivity.
Old 15 December 2016, 04:56 AM
snopes minion

Comment: I know, I know... you don't have donors or sponsors, etc. But I use your site all the time when I really need to know if something is true. There are very few media sources out there that actually do what you all do-- like think about articles and do a little research before publishing them. I wish I could give you a donation. I know there is no way for you to accept that (even $20 from a teacher opens up the gates to corruption), but someday, at some bar, the waitress will say, "This one's on that guy over... Hey, wait... Where'd he go?"
That will have been me.
Thank you for existing.
Old 16 December 2016, 05:58 PM
snopes minion

Comment: All I can say is, keep up the good work! You folks do a great job of bring the truth in this age of misinformation!

Thank you!
Old 20 December 2016, 12:52 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you to everyone at snopes for clearing up the constant stream of faux news and conspiracy theories that the public in general so readily believe and disseminate online. Even though your sources are clearly listed many people I know say snopes is in itself a conspiracy but this is because they cannot handle the fact that they are easily manipulated and lack the level of intelligence they tell anyone within ear shot that they possess.
Old 21 December 2016, 01:12 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just wanted to take a second to thank you so much for this site. You started the same year my daughter was born and since then, I've been following and using your services. When I see FB "friends" post ridiculous 'facts,' I often check Snopes and then post a link. So thank you and please never stop, especially given the recent rhetoric of the outcome of the election.
Old 21 December 2016, 02:55 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you.

I am thrilled that a site like this exists. Thank you for providing an extremely important service to people who want to discern fact from fiction.

Keep up the good work!
Old 23 December 2016, 12:44 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Dear Snopes,

In case you don't know, we (those of us who believe in facts and rationality) count on you. We appreciate all your work sorting true stories from false or planted ones, and the speed with which we can confirm or dispute flying assertions. I hope you aren't disheartened by attacks against you, and I particularly hope you will continue your work in the difficult years ahead. Many, many thanks.
Old 26 December 2016, 02:27 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Dear Snopes Team,

I recognize your articles are not 100% "end-all"/"be all" or final authority in determining fact from fiction- but you do a great job. I really appreciate what the team does, and I've found almost all your material to be of the utmost quality.

I really value the references and the careful surgeon like approach to separating fact from fiction. This is such a necessary service nowadays; and it is appreciated very much. It is helpful to quickly refer others to snopes to help them to quickly begin to see how much fake news there are out there, and to be a great research springboard for me personally, limiting the time to hunt if information is likely true or not.

Keep up the much needed and fantastic work! You have many fans!
Old 26 December 2016, 06:17 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Just a note to tell you how indispensable you are and how grateful I am for the work you do. Long may you wave!
Old 26 December 2016, 06:20 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Great article in NYT! Congratulations, and THANK YOU for your continuing fight FOR truth and honesty and AGAINST deceit and the dubious of the Internet. Keep up the valuable work, please. We hear you.
Old 26 December 2016, 06:24 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Bravo! Your website is providing a valuable service. Stay strong in the wake of criticism. The world needs Snopes more than ever!
Old 26 December 2016, 06:36 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hi there!

I just wanted to stop in here a moment — after reflecting just now on the effects of fake news on social media and the internet more generally — to say thank you. Thank you so much for what you do, Snopes! I know you've gotten a lot of flak for being "biased" and also purveying fake news yourselves — both of which are, of course, absolutely untrue – but I just wanted to say that I appreciate you, and what you do. I've been using your site for years, both when checking the veracity of what other people say, and (probably less often than I should) checking my own beliefs, and ensuring that what I think is actually truthful and accurate.

Thank you, Snopes. You provide an invaluable service in an increasingly hostile world. I just wanted to make sure you know that you are appreciated, very much, by citizens with clear eyes and open minds.

No need to reply if you don't want to — have a very nice day, have a happy holidays, and have a happy new year.
Old 26 December 2016, 06:42 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Just read nytimes article and want to take minute to thank you. I'm a long time snopes user and think the world needs you now, more than ever. Keep it up. Chuck Burgess, Nashville
Old 26 December 2016, 07:14 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I was delighted to read today that, not only is Facebook going to facilitate flagging of unfounded "news" reports, but that Snopes.com is going to help with this effort. If there were a way to donate to Snopes, I'd do it. You guys are the absolute best thing that has ever happened to the internet and I wish you every success and good health in the new year (plus what's left of this one). Thank you.
Old 27 December 2016, 01:44 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you! I am an academic (physicist) very worried about the lack of critical thinking skills in my students, americans, and a good chunk of the world population. For God's sake people, don't believe what you think! My colleagues and I appreciate what you do.
Old 27 December 2016, 02:00 PM
snopes minion

Comment: This is a fan letter. I have known and used Snopes for many years, and always admired your work. Happy to see the NYT piece today. Please know that there are many of us out here in the fact-based universe who are grateful to you, and hope that you can continue the fine work.
Old 27 December 2016, 02:00 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello to Everyone at Snopes,
I just read in the NY Times that you will be teaming with Facebook to continue your fight against fake news and other forms of lies that are overwhelming the internet and media. I am so sick of the self delusion and madness of this, apparently "post fact" era. America seems to comprise so many idiots and cowards these days. Your work is smart, courageous, and increasingly important. I frequently write my representatives in Senate and Congress to try to add a little sanity to the world, but it feels futile. Your work gives me hope.
Thank you and please carry on!
Old 27 December 2016, 02:01 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just love you guys.

Your site's importance is going to be even bigger this coming cycle.

Are you guys hiring? Planning to go public? Lemme know
Old 27 December 2016, 02:07 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just need to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all you do. You are indispensable to me. You are wonderful. I appreciate you more each day.