snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 08 December 2017, 06:55 AM

I hate hearing the vacuum cleaner almost as much as I hate vacuuming myself.

I eat layered food in layers. So if I have lasagne, I will eat the toping, then the top sheet, then the filling, then then next sheet, etc.

This includes pies. Pumpkin pie is turned upside down and eaten crust first. I may or may not put salt on it. (Normally I forget.)
Old 08 December 2017, 04:33 PM

Is it weird I still get creeped out by the child catcher in the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" even though I'm 30 years old? Also, something about the guys that are in that dungeon that are supposed to help the grandpa make a flying car freak me.
Old 08 December 2017, 04:34 PM

I'm 56 and I still think the child catcher is creepy. I don't remember the guys in the dungeon, but I don't think I'll ever completely forget the child catcher (shudder).
Old 08 December 2017, 04:37 PM

Is it wrong that I'm tempted to serve Die Capacitrix baklava just to see how long it takes her to eat it?
Old 08 December 2017, 04:42 PM

In some ways I don't see how "Citty Citty Bang Bang" can be a kids movie. For one, it is such a long movie and two, it kind of creepy. Did parents threaten their kids if they misbehave the child catcher would come get them?
Old 08 December 2017, 05:10 PM

Lots of kids' stories are creepy/scary, and many kids love them. I think there's a theory that reading/watching scary stuff helps them learn to manage their own fears.
Old 09 December 2017, 02:25 AM

Driver

Our little dd is fascinated by scary stories and mythology. She loves classic Scooby Doo, Halloween, and pretty much anything with "scary" monsters. Lots of Japanese fairy tales are pretty scary, like Grimms' originals. As long as a story is not actually gruesome, she loves it. (I know she gets actually scared so it's not as if she just doesn't mind. It's the fun of a challenge.)

Chitty Chitty is an odd little movie but it makes more sense when you remember it's written by Ian Fleming. So I just think of it as one of the 007 films and it's pretty enjoyable. One of the best (if not the best) of the Bond flicks, actually.
Old 09 December 2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Is it wrong that I'm tempted to serve Die Capacitrix baklava just to see how long it takes her to eat it?
Just make sure I can wash my hands afterwards. It gets messy.
Old 11 December 2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
Is it weird I still get creeped out by the child catcher in the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" even though I'm 30 years old? Also, something about the guys that are in that dungeon that are supposed to help the grandpa make a flying car freak me.
For me it wasn't creepy or scary. I just didn't like it. Somehow I missed seeing it as a child and never read the book either so that may be part of it. Saw it a few years ago and just thought it was kind of silly to be honest. I also saw Mary Poppins around the same time and although I loved that movie as a child (and read all the books as a child and to my own children as well) but when I saw it then all I could think was "this movie could have used some major editing"!
Old 11 December 2017, 02:38 PM

Glasses

While I've gotten used to it, and prefer showers to baths for washing my hair, I hate the noise the water makes as it hits my head.

This has gotten better as I've gotten older, mainly because water makes less noise when my head is fairly close to the spout.

Seaboe
Old 11 December 2017, 03:16 PM

The first time I ever took a shower was at a cabin in Pymatuning State Park when I was a few years old (we didn't have a shower in our house at the time, just a tub). I remember it because I was terrified of the water. Many years later, I stayed at another cabin in the park, and the first time I took a shower, I realized I'd been terrified not just because I was young and unused to showers, but because the water pressure was incredibly strong. As an adult, I like strong water pressure in showers*, but it was too much for me.

*Possibly weird tidbit about me: I hate those rainfall showers that are so popular now.
Old 12 December 2017, 01:23 AM

When I was a kid, I either took baths or a "wash-up" (which now that I think about it is what I think most people mean when they talk about a sponge bath) and *hated* showering for the longest time. I guess around age 8 or 9 or so I started showering more regulalry but really can't remember for sure. I still feel uncomfortable showering in bathrooms that don't have the removable shower head. I don't like the water just falling on me and find it soothing to hold it against my chest when I first get into the shower.

I like my baths so hot that it hurts a bit when you first get in, but semi-worry I've actually done serious damage to myself over the years from prolonged heat exposure. The past few years when I'm done with a hot bath I get a bad headache through the night that is comparable to how I've felt in the past from heat exhaustion. Despite this concern I have not stopped taking hot baths.
Old 12 December 2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
While I've gotten used to it, and prefer showers to baths for washing my hair, I hate the noise the water makes as it hits my head.

This has gotten better as I've gotten older, mainly because water makes less noise when my head is fairly close to the spout.

Seaboe
I do too but mainly because when I rinse my hair out but laying back in the shower water gets in my ears and I have narrow ear channels and it causes problems. Well I don't dislike it really I just can't do it because of the water in my ears. Maybe I should use the earplugs I have for swimming.
Old 12 December 2017, 05:26 AM

Royalty

I hate people touching my hair.

I haven't had it cut for over 20 years and fortunately it's still just past shoulder length. I had to use a hair-dresser to wash it last year after my cataract operations since my husband was away on business for two weeks and I couldn't last another day with dirty hair.

The hair-dresser suggested I use swimming goggles the next time.
Old 12 December 2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Maybe. But its also GenYus.