snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 20 March 2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittykins View Post
I'll see your TV Tropes and raise you YouTube.
I don't know if reading Youtube is much of a 'raise', sounds more like a lowering to me.
Old 21 March 2017, 12:51 AM

Youtube is hard for me to get truly lost in the way I used to get lost in TVtropes. For one thing, videos by nature require a time commitment, so I'll see a video is ten minutes long and think to myself "Eh, not right now." I also have to be in the mood to watch videos, and can fall out of it just as quickly as I got into it.

Example: Lately I've been watching through the No Small Parts archive while I relax at the end of the day. I can watch maybe a 20 minute video, but more than that and I have to start breaking them down into 15 minute segments that I'll resume the next day. Not sure where this issue comes from; no one else I know seems to really have it, I seem to know far more people who can happily binge watch hours and hours of a show in one sitting. Even with "proper" TV shows, I can usually only watch maybe 2 episodes back to back before I get the urge to change tracks.

TISSTTM: You may not be able to cross huge swathes of things off your to-do list, even after spending what feels like hours hacking away at it. Yes, even the micro-managing to-do list where you tried to break everything down into tiny chunks so you could cross more things off.
Old 21 March 2017, 06:45 PM

TISHTTM: Believe. Stop with the negative, that's behind you. Believe, and let the world be on notice. You've got this. As always.
Old 22 March 2017, 01:29 PM

France

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittykins View Post
I'll see your TV Tropes and raise you YouTube.
I'll se your YouTube and raise you Not Always Right. And its sister sites (...Working, ...Romantic,...Related,...Learning,...Friendly,... Hopeless). Talk about your waste of time ! And I can't control myself. I think : "Just one story more", and a few hours later, i'm still on it.
Old 22 March 2017, 03:09 PM

That calendar on your phone?
It's there for a reason. Use it!
Old 26 March 2017, 07:32 PM

Icon81

Do not go to Costco on a weekend afternoon!