snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Social Studies

Old 26 March 2015, 05:52 PM

Default Mariel Hemingway Says Woody Allen Tried to Seduce Her When She Was a Teenager

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...gway-manhattan

Quote:
In Woody Allen’s 1979 comedy Manhattan, the filmmaker, then 44, dated a 17-year-old character played by Mariel Hemingway. The part earned Hemingway an Oscar nomination, and, according to the actress in a forthcoming memoir, also the unwanted romantic attention of Allen.

In Out Came the Sun, which will be released on April 7, Hemingway claims that Allen attempted to lure her to Paris once she turned 18—two years after she had filmed Manhattan. “Our relationship was platonic, but I started to see that he had a kind of crush on me, though I dismissed it as the kind of thing that seemed to happen any time middle-aged men got around young women,” writes Hemingway. The actress suggests that Allen attempted to act upon the crush by flying to her parents’ home in Idaho and inviting the teen to Europe.