snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > NFBSK Gone Wild!

Old 31 July 2017, 11:11 PM

Default Man discovers his uncle was 'killed in sex session', not accidental house fire

This could go in any number of sections (Horrors?) but here is probably best...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tal-house-fire

Quote:
A nephew who thought his uncle had died in an accidental house fire was searching for information about his family tree when he discovered horrific footage revealing that he was in fact killed in a sadomasochistic sex session, a court has heard.

Christopher Murgatroyd was looking at Peter Fasoli’s fire-damaged computer two years after Fasoli’s death in January 2013 when he discovered video of his uncle being bound, gagged and killed by fantasist Jason Marshall, a jury at the Old Bailey was told.
The video lasted six hours...
Old 31 July 2017, 11:22 PM

Ponder

As you may know, the abbreviated version of the thread title visible from the forum list is "Man discovers his uncle was..." and I naturally assumed the rest of the title would read "his father." I was momentarily relieved to see that was not the case and then thought to myself "wait, the real title is actually worse."
Old 03 August 2017, 12:37 PM

Apparently the guy who killed him also killed somebody else in Italy three weeks later under similar circumstances. (And after buying the plane ticket using money stolen from this victim). He was caught after almost killing a third person, and has been in prison in Italy until now, which is why this trial has only recently started - the authorities were waiting for him to be transferred to the UK...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ly-court-hears
Old 03 August 2017, 02:19 PM

What a totally bizarre story, and it seems to just get worse and weirder. Are you sure this guy is not from Florida?
Old 03 August 2017, 03:23 PM

The part that seems odd to me is that the nephew actually watched enough of the video to realise what had happened! If I was looking at my uncle's computer and found a video of him in an S&M sex session, I think I'd have turned it off as soon as possible...
Old 03 August 2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
The part that seems odd to me is that the nephew actually watched enough of the video to realise what had happened! If I was looking at my uncle's computer and found a video of him in an S&M sex session, I think I'd have turned it off as soon as possible...
Probably it was dated the day that he died. Maybe the nephew had noticed the date?
Old 03 August 2017, 03:58 PM

Or something about it made it clear that the interaction wasn't going as his uncle expected/wanted.