snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06 June 2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
I'm a bit thrown by this quote (in the cited article) from the police, however:
That would make sense if she'd been using a horse and buggy; but if she's riding the horse, how did wheels get involved?
I saw a drunk trying to drive a horse and buggy once. It was one of those tourist ones, but fortunately no-one on it at the time. Some of his co-workers took it off him and sent him home. But it's a mistake to the think that the horse will just trot off normally. The animal was quite distressed and prancing around, which is what drew attention to the situation in the first place.

I'm sure it's common for "drunk horse riding" to be an offence, even if only a leftover law from times past.