snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 22 May 2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIAG View Post
Don't know what a Juggalo is? Be thankful.

They also have Juggalo funerals for their babies too (language NSFW).

Yes, that mother is using her baby's death to attempt to get free Insane Clown Posse merchandise.

As much as I hate ICP and every other bit of music produced by psychopathic records, I do have a very wide circle of Juggalo friends, and no one, not one of the people I know would act like this. We have a lot of children in our circle and everything is centered around the kids. Most of the parties (except 3-4 a year) are kid friendly, with kids activities. It is one of the most close-knit groups I have ever been a part of. If one person needs help, they all come help, no questions. This individual's behavior is awful, but not all are like that.
Old 22 May 2010, 09:58 PM

My brother didn't have a Star Wars themed wedding. It was a conventional wedding in most respects, except for the pies. However, the music when the attendants entered was the part of the Star Wars music when Luke, Han Solo, and Chewbacca walk into the ceremonial hall so Chewbacca can get stiffed-- I mean, Luke and Han can get their medals.
Old 23 May 2010, 01:15 AM

The one with the collaring looked perfectly normal to ME... obviously a D/s lifestyle couple.
Old 23 May 2010, 03:25 AM
redspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Duck View Post
I'm definitely never going to find out what a "juggalo" is.
You should watch this.
Old 23 May 2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post

I didn't think much of the "nude" (i.e. topless, not nude at all) person walking past in the background as being a bizarre picture, though. It was on a beach - some people should really get out more.
Yeah, I once had two older guys walk stage left to stage right behind me in the middle of a wedding. Totally, stark, staring naked.
The bride and groom didn't notice, but the guests sure did. I pretended I hadn't seen them, figuring that if I did, everyone else would follow suit, which worked pretty well.
I almost dissolved into giggles at the point where the guy behind the video camera spotted them, though. It was like:
"I'm filming the wedding, I'm filming the wedding, THERE ARE NAKED GUYS WALKING THROUGH THERE, LOOKIT LOOKIT... oh whoops, that's right, I'm filming the wedding, I'm filming the wedding..."

Priceless!
Old 24 May 2010, 07:41 AM

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamander View Post
The one with the collaring looked perfectly normal to ME... obviously a D/s lifestyle couple.
Yes, that's what I thought as well. My response to that one was "I think the person who wrote this needs to get out more".
Old 24 May 2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redspider View Post
You should watch this.
I think I posted this here already but it really, really amuses me.

ETA I think most of them look pretty cool or just normal but the one with the cake twin really creeps me out and I do not know any juggalos very well personally but I really think the artists that write their music need to go back to first grade and retake earth studies and science.

Last edited by nonnieyrissa; 24 May 2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 24 May 2010, 03:13 PM

Can anyone tell me what is up with the boat in the back ground photo?
Old 24 May 2010, 03:25 PM

I think it's just that the couple in the boat look like they're having more fun than the couple in the foreground - like they hired the boat to row past the other wedding and look smug and laugh, or something.

The portaloo one doesn't strike me as that odd either - some friends who are getting married later this year are having the reception in a marquee in a field somewhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if they have portaloos. (Although I think the bride will have changed out of her elaborate dress by that point, if she wears one in the first place). I know you can get very posh portable toilets that attach to marquees that you wouldn't even necessarily know were portable, but a lot of the guests at that reception will be camping overnight and most of us like festivals and stuff, so ordinary portaloos wouldn't be out-of-place.

I think no wedding is complete without a fleet of stretch Hummers and a bear.
Old 24 May 2010, 03:34 PM

Oh, Ok, I thought it was something dirty and I wasn't able to see it. That's not very WTF, in my opinion...
Old 24 May 2010, 03:39 PM

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by katikate View Post
Can anyone tell me what is up with the boat in the back ground photo?
You mean other than it's another pair of about-to-be or newly weds getting into the shot of the couple in the foreground? The photo does look a little staged to me... but yeah... it'd be maybe a bit like having your wedding ceremony in a park only to discover someone else is getting married within a short distance at the same park.
Old 24 May 2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalateaDancer View Post
I would LOVE to see pictures of this. Got any you can link to?
I don't have them online, but I'll see if I can get the negatives scanned. If so, I will post a link.
Old 25 May 2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Yes, that's what I thought as well. My response to that one was "I think the person who wrote this needs to get out more".
Maybe. Or maybe you lead a more interesting life than you think you do. I have never seen a collaring ceremony in real life and I think I'm rather unlikely to.
Old 25 May 2010, 03:12 PM

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Duck View Post
Maybe. Or maybe you lead a more interesting life than you think you do. I have never seen a collaring ceremony in real life and I think I'm rather unlikely to.
I've never attended one either... but in Perth at least, if you drew a Venn diagram of Geeks, Pagans and Fetishists (BDSM, furries, etc), there would be quite a large overlapping area of all 3.
Old 25 May 2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
I've never attended one either... but in Perth at least, if you drew a Venn diagram of Geeks, Pagans and Fetishists (BDSM, furries, etc), there would be quite a large overlapping area of all 3.
I'm sure there'd be a large overlap here as well. There just aren't that many.
Old 25 May 2010, 04:24 PM

Icon18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
My brother didn't have a Star Wars themed wedding. It was a conventional wedding in most respects, except for the pies. However, the music when the attendants entered was the part of the Star Wars music when Luke, Han Solo, and Chewbacca walk into the ceremonial hall so Chewbacca can get stiffed-- I mean, Luke and Han can get their medals.
Please tell me they played the Imperial Death March at the reception - it's great for dancing the Macarena!
Old 25 May 2010, 05:29 PM

I was having a serious WTF moment over that wedding cake that rather resembled the bride. o_O
Old 26 May 2010, 07:23 PM

That cake was on Cake Wrecks with an explanation. Despite the fact the bride looks pissed in the photo, she was actually quite happy with it. IIRC, they are immigrants, and the cake had something to do with their home country culture.
Old 26 May 2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
The portaloo one doesn't strike me as that odd either - some friends who are getting married later this year are having the reception in a marquee in a field somewhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if they have portaloos. (Although I think the bride will have changed out of her elaborate dress by that point, if she wears one in the first place).
Yes, I didn't think the porta-potty was weird, but I wouldn't try to use one while wearing a dress with a skirt like that.
Old 26 May 2010, 10:41 PM

Under certain errm circumstances one would use the nearest toilet facility that one can get to - bridal dress or not. Even if her digestive distress permitted her the luxury of time she's probably unwilling to disrobe outside before using the facility.