snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 09 April 2017, 03:20 PM
snopes minion

Comment: thank you for giving me the truth many times over.far to much b.s. on the internet now.
Old 09 April 2017, 03:48 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Mr. Mikkelson,
I just read the CNN article on snopes.com and was sad when I read this quote:
"I often feel like we're not really changing anybody's mind," he said. "The people who use the site are the people who are looking for something that confirms what they already think.
"But the people whose beliefs are being challenged, who think something is really true, and we're saying it's false, they'll just say (Snopes) isn't credible or it's biased or it's not qualified. Yeah, it's kind of disconcerting at times."
I speak for myself and several of my friends, and we truly value Snopes. Yes, I often look to validate my thoughts. However, more than not, snopes gives me the facts and details to further support my ideas.
So, you may be allowing me to be a lazy consumer of news, BUT I really appreciate it. Your writers are more articulate than me and I like having another source besides my own opinion! (An opinion that I truly find educated and value, but has been, on occasion, somewhat biased, questioned and flawed!)
There have been times that snopes has debunked my opinions and I, for one, never questioned your validity. I knew you had researched the story and to the absolute best of your ability, were reporting the truth. Wow, I sound like a lazy lemming! But...I do believe in letting the pros do what they do best!
I was very pleased to see you are doing some original reporting! You are following the HBO model and that is brilliant!
The fact that you have operations in my current hometown of San Diego was a pleasant surprise. The photos and article made me realize you are a true down to earth , do-good operation and not sitting in a corporate hi rise picking and choosing based on a pure monetary gain. I do believe that Vinny Green deserves a raise. His apartment does need a little decorating.
I hope this note gives you a bit of a lift and is not the only sign of support you have gotten since the article. I was sorry to hear of your personal battles right now and hope you do not lose faith in what you are doing and all you have built.
With sincere thanks
Old 10 April 2017, 02:02 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thanks for doing a great job, keep it up!
Old 13 April 2017, 12:16 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello

This is only to congratulate you on your excellent, informative an intelligent response to the rubbish that is flooding the internet - and my home. Having regular contact with your site helps me cope with the incessant stream of outlandish stories that are presented to me by others who believe them.

Keep up the god work!

All the best
Old 21 April 2017, 06:00 PM
snopes minion

Comment: This is simply thank you for continuing in your efforts to stand against fake "news". You are my first source to check on rumors.
Old 26 April 2017, 01:36 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thanks for being there for us.