snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 14 September 2018, 01:31 PM

Ponder

What’s wrong with holding the belief, within the MCU and for viewers of the MCU commenting on his role in the MCU, to say that Thor is an alien worshipped as a god?

That doesn’t even necessarily rule out him being a god, either, since, as crocoduck notes, the definition is malleable. For that matter, what is the definition of alien that excludes god?
Old 14 September 2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL View Post
What’s wrong with holding the belief, within the MCU and for viewers of the MCU commenting on his role in the MCU, to say that Thor is an alien worshipped as a god?

That doesn’t even necessarily rule out him being a god, either, since, as crocoduck notes, the definition is malleable. For that matter, what is the definition of alien that excludes god?
There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just pointing out that Marvel Studios went to some lengths to introduce the "aliens worshiped as gods" idea and had Thor and the others avoid referring themselves as gods, with the "humans" saying we worshipped them as gods but now, making plentiful reference of their status as gods.

Quote:
Thor: She's too strong. Without my hammer, I can't...

Odin: Are you Thor, the god of hammers?
Old 14 September 2018, 06:05 PM

Canada

Calling your new political party "The People's Party of Canada" conjures up images I suspect you did not intend. Although perhaps, come to think of it, you'd find the comparisons some of us are drawing to be flattering .
Old 14 September 2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermor View Post
I already told that, but judging from what I saw and did today, it bears repeating :

When sending mail to a foreign address, put the name of the country in the address !!! Otherwise, the postman is going to send it elsewhere, especially if your country uses the same kind of postcodes the other country uses (or you add an unnecessary digit in the postcode). I'm sure that today, I sent quite a few letters to a town in France instead of Belgium because of that.
related due to post office stuff:
When you move, please update your address with any monthly shipment clubs you may be part of. I'm getting very tired of making trips to the post office on behalf of the previous occupant
Old 14 September 2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
related due to post office stuff:
When you move, please update your address with any monthly shipment clubs you may be part of. I'm getting very tired of making trips to the post office on behalf of the previous occupant
You'd think Previous Occupant would start to wonder why they weren't receiving the products they are presumably paying for.
Old 14 September 2018, 10:43 PM

No kidding. My grandmother, who's had her current address for 14 years, still gets the occasional piece of mail for the previous resident.

I've gotten the same letter three times because I kept trying to get the post office to return it to the sender but instead they redelivered it to me.
Closed Thread