snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Inboxer Rebellion

Old 13 October 2009, 06:57 PM

Icon215 Special Prayer Request for Nick Doize

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/doize.asp
Old 13 October 2009, 08:01 PM

The latest info I can find on Nick is from Sept. 28, 2009.

Nick Doize Update and Silent Fund Raiser
Sep 28 2009 - DTWH Staff

Quote:
Dear Friends:
I wanted to give you an update on Nick Doize', former Texas Premier Player. As you are aware, Nick has been battling his leukemia for three and a half years. It is a miracle he has come this far, however, he has relapsed nine times since his bone marrow transplant. This summer Nick becaume very ill and the doctors at Texas Childrens Hospital were not so optimistic about Nicks future treatments. It was/has been decided that Nick will now be treated at M.D. Anderson Cancer hospital and they will explore the possibility of a second bone marrow transplant. Nick will not be returning to school this year as he must focus entirely on his treatments. The family has been under tremendous stress and feel this is best for all.

The fund raising braclet for Leukemia/Lymphoma is called "Relentless for a Cure". I want to start a quiet fund raising effort for Nick by selling these braclets as a sign of support for Nick and his Rentless battle with leukemia. I have set up an email account Nicksfriends09@yahoo.com which is attached to my Paypal acccount. The braclets are $10.00 each and you can order as many as you want or just make a donation to the account The fund raising will run theough October 31, 20009 at which time I will present aa check to Nick for his special funds account.

I want to thank all of you woh have been so generous with your prayers and financial support in the past. By wearing these braclets it will remind of us of Nick and those who have bigger battles to fight everyday . Other ways to support Nick is by texting him, inviting him to play Xbox games and go visit him at home. Please forward this email to your friends, neighbors and family, anyone can support this cause.

Let us be "Relentless " in our support for Nick!
Below is the link to purchase the braclets.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=8291109

If there is not a place for your address when you purchase the braclets, send me an email at lktaylor50 at att.net.
Leslie K. Taylor
713-416-4465
Old 15 October 2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
This young man needs all the prayers he can get, because he is trying so
hard to take the pain like a man, even though it is excrutiating.
I really don't understand this view of prayers. If prayers are a way of saying "we are thinking of you and hoping you get better", fine. But the tone of this seems to imply that there is some really mean and petty god who will only ameliorate this poor kid's pain if enough people ask nicely.

Quote:
If you have a heart at all, you will all do this as a
disciple of God.
And this is the worst. I can see where in some communities, showing parents a list of people praying for their kid might make them feel better. But does it really mean as much if you had to shame people into doing it?