snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 22 October 2018, 02:00 AM

Devil

A Halloween-related m&m's/starburst commercial that goes on forever, is not at all funny, not at all scary, totally lame, predictable, and goes on FOREVER! Ugh!
Old 22 October 2018, 03:20 AM

There's a political ad I just saw that's basically "if you vote Democrat, Nancy Pelosi will come back, liberal oppression will cause 1000 years of darkness, the president will be impeached, cats & dogs living together, mass hysteria!"

I can't believe that the networks actually run it.
Old 22 October 2018, 06:49 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
There's a political ad I just saw that's basically "if you vote Democrat, Nancy Pelosi will come back, liberal oppression will cause 1000 years of darkness, the president will be impeached, cats & dogs living together, mass hysteria!"

I can't believe that the networks actually run it.
You're getting the anti-Kyrsten Sinema ads up there?
Old 22 October 2018, 07:03 AM

I don't know who that is, this was just a generic "voting Democrat will unleash the apocalypse" ad.
Old 22 October 2018, 09:37 AM

Icon07

You know what would be awesome about the apocalypse?

The thirty minutes of silence before the end. Bliss.
Old 22 October 2018, 12:49 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I don't know who that is, this was just a generic "voting Democrat will unleash the apocalypse" ad.
She's the Democrat running for Jeff Flake's seat. The Republicans have run several "if she's elected kiss the USA goodbye" ads.
Old 22 October 2018, 02:41 PM

United States

I'm fed up with the ads for the New Jersey Senate race. The Democratic incumbent, Bob Menendez, has a tainted past due to corruption charges that resulted in a hung jury, admonishment by the Senate Ethics Committee, and rumors of sex with teenage prostitutes. Republican challenger Bob Hugin, while currently claiming to be a moderate, supports Trump and his philosophy on the Supreme Court and has a past record that includes support of male-only clubs and opposition to same-sex marriage.

All the ads, whether approved by the candidates or not, revolve around bashing the other guy. The few ads that have something positive to say about Hugin only mention that he was a Marine and headed a company that produces lifesaving drugs - not exactly qualifications for office.

I am so glad I don't live in that state!
Old 03 November 2018, 11:05 AM

Whalephant

There's an ad for some dishwashing detergent that's narrated by a girl. Her voice grates on me so badly. "So what does a dishwasher do?" Also I'm annoyed at the way she holds her mouth.

The ad for that new psoriasis medication. Dupixent. Those 3D things all over the dress and her hands and everything gross me out.
Old 13 November 2018, 03:07 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
There's an ad for some dishwashing detergent that's narrated by a girl. Her voice grates on me so badly. "So what does a dishwasher do?" Also I'm annoyed at the way she holds her mouth.
Same here. The commercial in question I feel bad for hating on her, because sheís just a kid, but like you said, her voice and mouth annoy me. Itís something she probably canít control and sheís probably a perfectly nice, ordinary kid...you know what letís talk about a commercial we can have a good hate-on without guilt.

Pretty much every time the PUR water filter commercial comes on, I dive for the remote to mute the thing so I wonít start ranting at the top of my lungs. It just pisses me off, especially the guyís wargle-bargle about drinking lead at the end. Itís a clear attempt to piggyback off fearmongering born from the Flint Water Crisis. Itís even more appalling, considering that the people of Flint still donít have drinkable water, making me want to... Iím torn between taking the filter and shoving it up something or ramming it down something; Iím not sure which is more appropriate.
Old 13 November 2018, 03:35 AM

Or you could say both.