snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 04 February 2019, 01:40 PM

Serenity doesn't mind the vet visits...she loves to wander around the exam room looking in all the nooks and crannies. I have to pull her out of the gap between the mini fridge and the wall.

She loves the physical exam where they feel her for lumps and bumps and whatever. But the face she makes when the vet takes her temperature! Seems to convey a blend of betrayal and 'oh my goodness, what's that'.
Old 04 February 2019, 05:21 PM

Okay, here is a weird thing River does.

This time of year, I have flannel sheets on the bed and she slips under the covers with me. Not weird.

What is weird is that she starts on my left side, stays there for maybe twenty minutes, then gets out, walks around to my right side, and gets back under. Also, regardless of which side she's on, she wants to sleep pressed up against my chest so she'll paw at me until I roll over for her.
Old 05 February 2019, 01:43 AM

Nelson has decided lately that he wants to sleep on top on my feet. That seems weird in and of itself because my feet seem like they'd be the least comfortable part of me to sleep on.

But secondly, I keep an extra blanket folded up at the foot of my bed because often when I go to bed it's too warm to sleep under all the blankets but if I get chilly later as the temperature drops I can reach down and pull up another blanket. Last night a found myself getting chilly*, except there was a cat sleeping on the extra blanket, and my feet. So I reached down and started to pull on the blanket, expecting the cat to get up and move. Instead, he didn't move at all and allowed me to drag the blanket up the bed with him on top of it. So I got to sleep under the blanket, and he was now next to my chest rather than on my feet.

*After the incident described in the LTTAY thread.
Old 05 February 2019, 02:10 AM

I have an older kitten who insists on sleeping up against me. She moves between sleeping under the covers and on top of the covers. She isn't picky about where, but she prefers to have as much contact as possible. She especially likes sleeping against my chest with my arm cradling here on the other side. I've never had a cat who wanted to sleep that close before.