snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Weird News

Old 21 August 2018, 12:03 AM

Vanishing Police Get Spooky 911 Call From Empty Funeral Home

Itís not unusual for police dispatchers to answer 911 calls, only to have the caller hang up. It happened in Pueblo earlier this month. But what happened next may strike some as a little spooky.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/...-funeral-home/
Old 21 August 2018, 05:29 AM

Sounds like what was happening when it turned out, we had a short in one of our phone jacks. It would randomly be "off the hook" (even though there was no phone plugged in there), and it dialed 9-1-1 a couple of times. The first time the police showed up to investigate, they took my word for it that it was phone trouble. The second time, a few weeks later, they asked to look around, which I let them do, but I called to schedule the repair the next day.

Nothing spooky about it.
Old 21 August 2018, 02:08 PM

Vanishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwins View Post
Sounds like what was happening when it turned out, we had a short in one of our phone jacks. It would randomly be "off the hook" (even though there was no phone plugged in there), and it dialed 9-1-1 a couple of times. The first time the police showed up to investigate, they took my word for it that it was phone trouble. The second time, a few weeks later, they asked to look around, which I let them do, but I called to schedule the repair the next day.

Nothing spooky about it.
Erwins, "line trouble" is fine for any business other than a funeral home.
Everyone knows that funeral homes host ghosts, so the standard response for them has to be "spooky"...

Old 21 August 2018, 07:56 PM

A funeral home would be an odd place for a ghost really. Traditionally ghosts will haunt the place of their death or their body's location, especially if the body was not buried or was buried non-traditionally. A ghost would have just as much cause to haunt an ambulance as a mortuary.
Old 22 August 2018, 12:51 PM

Fright

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
A ghost would have just as much cause to haunt an ambulance as a mortuary.
Then again, we have THIS story.