snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Spook Central

Old 12 August 2017, 11:35 AM

Icon18 Man convinced 'ghost of dead child is trying to kill me'

Quote:
A man has recounted a series of very disturbing encounters he’s had with a spirit he believes is haunting his house.
Adam Ellis lives in a duplex in New York, and in a long Twitter thread, he tells of how one night he woke up with sleep paralysis and saw the figure of a boy sitting in a rocking chair at the end of his bed.

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/re...y-ghost-story/

Old 15 August 2017, 01:34 PM

Skull

The cat's reaction looks creepy, but the cynic in me says "critters in the attic"...
Old 15 August 2017, 05:11 PM

If memory (and a quick check on wikipedia) serves, sleep paralysis is often accompanied by hallucinations. It happened once for me and I could swear I saw an orchestra conductor in the corner of the room. Just because a person's sleep paralysis hallucinations are consistent doesn't mean there is a ghost around.

And cats get weird about stuff. A lot of times it's stuff they can hear or smell that we can't (or don't find it unusual).