snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 06 July 2018, 02:19 PM
DawnStorm's Avatar
DawnStorm DawnStorm is offline
 
Join Date: 11 March 2003
Location: Montgomery County, MD
Posts: 16,666
Roll eyes

Mouse, these fools have proved your point.

Like I say, point a finger at me and three will point back to g-you.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07 July 2018, 01:41 AM
Dasla's Avatar
Dasla Dasla is offline
 
Join Date: 15 April 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Mouse, these fools have proved your point.

Like I say, point a finger at me and three will point back to g-you.
Especially since those same people are probably the same ones the whole of Obama run saying he wasn't eligible.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07 July 2018, 02:23 AM
Dasla's Avatar
Dasla Dasla is offline
 
Join Date: 15 April 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
Especially since those same people are probably the same ones the whole of Obama run saying he wasn't eligible.
That should be spent the whole of Obama's run saying he wasn't eligible

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07 July 2018, 03:06 AM
Mouse's Avatar
Mouse Mouse is online now
 
Join Date: 10 July 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,395
Mouse

I didn’t think Conservatives would ever call for a boycott of Walmart, but somehow I knew it wouldn’t be because of their long history of exploiting and abusing their workers, forcing employees of the nation’s most popular retailer, to eke out an existence on food stamps, while the CEO and the board of directors are rolling in the millions, nor would it be because most of their merchandise is crafted in Asian sweatshops, where workers toil in unsafe conditions for pennies, nor would it be because of how Walmart has effectively gutted many small towns.

Though seriously, Walmart is the worst. Walmart is all of America’s worst traits in corporate form. Either the CEO is the devil or they’re giving each other tips.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 21 July 2018, 03:03 AM
Mouse's Avatar
Mouse Mouse is online now
 
Join Date: 10 July 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,395
Bang Head

Sorry for the double-post, but I felt like saying something.

I still get pins from TERFs turning up in my Pinterest feed about how it is all a sinister plot by men to get into women's spaces, and a bunch of blah-blah-blah like that.

Because, yeah, being Transgender is nothing but fun and games. Sure, they have the highest suicide rate of any demographic at 41%, are more likely to be the victim of a hate crime than any other minority group, after which the defense will likely attempt the Trans panic defense, blaming them for their own murder, and as a result of all this, the average life expectancy is 35 years, but they can use the other restroom, which somehow makes it all worth it.

I've developed a rule, regarding TERFs: if you identify as a feminist, yet find yourself allied with the Christian Right for whatever reasons, you need to reevaluate your life choices, because you are a lot of things, but not a feminist.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 26 July 2018, 07:57 PM
smittykins's Avatar
smittykins smittykins is offline
 
Join Date: 27 December 2003
Location: Seneca Falls, NY
Posts: 2,665
Default

If I had a dollar for every gender there is, I'd have two dollars and a lot of counterfeits."
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 26 July 2018, 08:05 PM
GenYus234's Avatar
GenYus234 GenYus234 is offline
 
Join Date: 02 August 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 26,088
Default

Actually, g-you'd only have $1.80.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 28 July 2018, 12:12 AM
smittykins's Avatar
smittykins smittykins is offline
 
Join Date: 27 December 2003
Location: Seneca Falls, NY
Posts: 2,665
Default

“Why does Trump hold his rallies at night?
Because his supporters have jobs.”
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 31 July 2018, 01:45 PM
Alarm's Avatar
Alarm Alarm is offline
 
Join Date: 26 May 2011
Location: Nepean, ON
Posts: 5,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittykins View Post
“Why does Trump hold his rallies at night?
Because his supporters have jobs.”
Because he's out golfing during the day
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 16 August 2018, 02:26 PM
UEL's Avatar
UEL UEL is offline
 
Join Date: 01 August 2004
Location: Fredericton, Canada
Posts: 9,252
Baseball

I saw one that a Trump supporter on one FB thread put up to confront those that did not agree.

Then, I saw the same meme (more or less**) put up by a Trump opposer to confront those that did not agree.

It was truly a glorious moment for me where a meme could work both ways.

Meme essentially said "Look at the sheeple doing what their masters tell them"

It was also annoying because it does nothing to further any discourse, and only allows the Russian Bots that built them to have both sides dehumanise and ridicule the other.

**Trump supporter meme had pictures of Antifa members aggressively protesting last year.
Trump opponent meme had pictures of Nazis aggressively protesting at the Charlottesville from last year.
Same wording with only a different (but similar) picture.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 16 August 2018, 03:02 PM
ASL's Avatar
ASL ASL is offline
 
Join Date: 04 July 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 5,598
Canada

Ah, well, you see the Nazis are not representative of Trump's supporters in the way Antifa is of his opponents, so a present day Trump supporter whose granddad had a friend who fought the Nazis (or, heck, give her granddad some credit, maybe he really did fight the Nazis himself, though odds are he probably didn't) would agree that both the Nazis and the left are sheeple while they, a good honest Republican with "roots," are a centrist following their conscience.

That's how it works. I'm a moderate and so is everyone I know, just not the people I disagree with.

And don't you mean Russian bots with Canadian overlords?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 23 August 2018, 01:14 PM
smittykins's Avatar
smittykins smittykins is offline
 
Join Date: 27 December 2003
Location: Seneca Falls, NY
Posts: 2,665
Default

Two I just saw, posted by the same person:

1. A photo of Mollie Tibbetts, with the caption "She Had Dreams, Too. #BuildTheWall"

2. "If the wall is built, they should put 'Hillary Lost' every 50 feet. They'll never get over it then."
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 23 August 2018, 02:16 PM
mbravo's Avatar
mbravo mbravo is offline
 
Join Date: 29 December 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,294
Default

That's funny, the only people I come across who bring up Hillary losing are people who voted for Trump. How peculiar!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 23 August 2018, 07:08 PM
UEL's Avatar
UEL UEL is offline
 
Join Date: 01 August 2004
Location: Fredericton, Canada
Posts: 9,252
Baseball

There are plenty of Democrat supporting people on my Facebook that will not let it go.

They are lately into blaming third party candidates, write in voters, non-voters, and Bernie Sanders supporters for her loss.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 23 August 2018, 07:36 PM
ASL's Avatar
ASL ASL is offline
 
Join Date: 04 July 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 5,598
Default

People were doing that on this very forum within hours of the election.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 23 August 2018, 11:31 PM
mbravo's Avatar
mbravo mbravo is offline
 
Join Date: 29 December 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,294
Default

ASL- I think there's a difference between complaining about it immediately after or even a month or so following the lection/inauguration, vs. a year and a half into the term.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 24 August 2018, 12:59 AM
ganzfeld's Avatar
ganzfeld ganzfeld is offline
 
Join Date: 05 September 2005
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Posts: 23,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL View Post
People were doing that on this very forum within hours of the election.
Really? What posts are you talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 24 August 2018, 01:30 AM
Sue's Avatar
Sue Sue is offline
 
Join Date: 26 December 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,210
Default

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=94966

This thread for one.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 24 August 2018, 02:15 AM
ganzfeld's Avatar
ganzfeld ganzfeld is offline
 
Join Date: 05 September 2005
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Posts: 23,599
Default

Huh, I thought that conversation happened at least a week later. I guess it actually was only a few hours later. It just seemed like forever...
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 24 August 2018, 03:02 AM
Esprise Me's Avatar
Esprise Me Esprise Me is offline
 
Join Date: 02 October 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
ASL- I think there's a difference between complaining about it immediately after or even a month or so following the lection/inauguration, vs. a year and a half into the term.
I also see a difference between answering honestly when someone who voted for a third party candidate asks if you think they're responsible, and going out of your way to accuse third party voters who didn't ask your opinion. (Yes, I know that thread was inspired by someone doing the latter, but that someone was not on this board.)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memes that annoy you WildaBeast Rantidote 1078 29 March 2018 04:21 PM
What would Stone Age memes have looked like? DawnStorm Fun House 58 10 August 2017 05:46 AM
Memes that annoy you Little Pink Pill Rantidote 13 10 March 2016 01:07 AM
Memes that annoy you Amigone201 Rantidote 1020 22 February 2016 12:05 PM
Memes that annoy you Amigone201 Rantidote 1000 04 August 2014 10:45 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.