snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 05 July 2018, 07:08 PM

Visiting Canada is a lot like visiting North Korea. You're not allowed to leave your hotel without a Canadian chaperone, and they take you only to the parts of Canada they want you to see, with staged scenes of Canadians performing exaggerated Canadianness.
Old 06 July 2018, 01:00 PM

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errata View Post
Visiting Canada is a lot like visiting North Korea. You're not allowed to leave your hotel without a Canadian chaperone, and they take you only to the parts of Canada they want you to see, with staged scenes of Canadians performing exaggerated Canadianness.
I hope you had a nice stay, Eh?
Enjoyed watching the hockey game while eating poutine and drinking Labatt 50 beer?
Do you need me to send the Celine Dion Reeducational Singers to your room, eh?

Old 06 July 2018, 02:51 PM

Canada

Make sure they take some maple syrup.
I shouldn't talk though--only pure maple syrup is allowed in this house.
Old 07 July 2018, 03:03 AM

Canada

J'espère que vous avez passé un bon séjour, lo? Vous avez aimé regarder le match de hockey en mangeant de la poutine et en buvant de la bière Labatt 50? Avez-vous besoin de moi pour envoyer les Celine Dion Reeducational Singers dans votre chambre, lo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
I hope you had a nice stay, Eh?
Enjoyed watching the hockey game while eating poutine and drinking Labatt 50 beer?
Do you need me to send the Celine Dion Reeducational Singers to your room, eh?

Old 09 July 2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen of the caramels View Post
J'espère que vous avez passé un bon séjour, lo? Vous avez aimé regarder le match de hockey en mangeant de la poutine et en buvant de la bière Labatt 50? Avez-vous besoin de moi pour envoyer les Celine Dion Reeducational Singers dans votre chambre, lo?
How does "Eh" translate as "lo"?
Old 09 July 2018, 01:17 PM

In a dream a few days ago, I learned that if you take the right tour of Buckingham Palace (or Windsor Castle, or somewhere - I can't remember how exactly the situation arose), then the Queen herself will come out personally to apply decorative transfers to your toenails.
Old 10 July 2018, 05:10 PM

Cats are allowed to own stock in corporations, including being allowed to vote for the board of directors and other corporate policy. I have no idea how they actually exercise their votes, though.
Old 10 July 2018, 05:47 PM

Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Cats are allowed to own stock in corporations, including being allowed to vote for the board of directors and other corporate policy. I have no idea how they actually exercise their votes, though.
They are very CATegorical, yet some say very deliCATe, even during a CATastrophe.
Old 10 July 2018, 06:28 PM

Hello Kitty

Quote:
If they're anything like my Gobi, they'll just walk over the keyboard and/or just stand there.
Old 11 July 2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
In a dream a few days ago, I learned that if you take the right tour of Buckingham Palace (or Windsor Castle, or somewhere - I can't remember how exactly the situation arose), then the Queen herself will come out personally to apply decorative transfers to your toenails.
Wow, what was that one about.
Old 11 July 2018, 02:18 PM

Glasses

I do not remember the actual dream, just that during it, my dream self was looking down a street. The house at the end had a fairly high (5 or 6 feet) retaining wall, with two steps only at the very top. A person with orange hair, wearing a dark trench coat, came out of the house, went down the two steps, and then dropped to the sidewalk as if it were a perfectly normal way to leave the house.

Seaboe
Old 11 July 2018, 11:03 PM

We (my wife and I) are out of iced tea, and apparently it is a crisis-level event.

That's all I can remember of that dream, but boy, did it make an impression! I actually stressed about it most of the day, it was so emotionally vivid.
Old 12 July 2018, 03:27 AM

My nephew is apparently the son of a girl named Nancy. Either that or she looks exactly like his real mother. Oh, and Nancy is from a place where there was a high-profile murder or something.

Not sure where I got the name, although I did spend lots of time reading Pollyanna to him (Both book and Disney movie have Pollyanna mistaking maid Nancy for her Aunt Polly).
Old 13 July 2018, 01:19 PM

Once again, back to my old job from 30 years ago.

It's not 30 years ago; I'm coming in to fill in (on a weekend?) because they need somebody.

Just saw one of the people from 30 years ago and he seems to remember me. The other co-workers don't seem to be the same although I recognize one of them as someone I've seem before.

I'm not sure whether they're expecting me or whether I'm officially an employee so that I can work here and get paid.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 13 July 2018, 06:23 PM

Shifty Eyes

Pearl is now skinny enough to squeeze through the closed gates of the dog park and she knows it.
Old 20 July 2018, 03:48 PM

(1) I made another trip to the old school variety store on the south side of town, where I like to go in the early or late evening and have a soda for myself.

(2) I'm in Orlando.

I suddenly realized that I never got around to making the arrangements for my airline tickets because I kept putting it off. I'm wondering how I got here since I never purchased tickets.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 24 July 2018, 06:45 AM

Whalephant

I live in the same apartment complex as Paris Hilton, who hates me for no reason I know of. She sees me at the mailboxes and tells me sincerely that the shade of red my coat is makes me look great, though.
Old 30 July 2018, 04:45 PM

There's a new viral video going around showing someone waterskiing behind a car on slightly flooded (basically just really big puddles) streets during a torrential downpour. It was most likely filmed in Thailand during the monsoon season. In my dream I called what he was doing "surfing" for whatever reason, but since he was being towed by a car really waterskiing seems like a more accurate description now that I'm awake.
Old 30 July 2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
Wow, what was that one about.
I have no idea - all I could really remember of it was the queen applying transfers to my toenails (and the impression that I was in one of her houses). Some of my toenails were black at the time (in real life) because I wore trail running shoes rather than my nice roomy boots on a long walk, and when my feet swelled up the shoes were too tight and my toes got squashed, so that probably had something to do with it. (eta) Now that I think about it, I'd also just walked through Windsor, both on the occasion when my toes swelled and the next walk that would have been before this dream. So I was probably in Windsor Castle.

Quote:
There's a new viral video going around showing someone waterskiing behind a car on slightly flooded (basically just really big puddles) streets during a torrential downpour. It was most likely filmed in Thailand during the monsoon season. In my dream I called what he was doing "surfing" for whatever reason, but since he was being towed by a car really waterskiing seems like a more accurate description now that I'm awake.
Are you sure that was a dream? There are quite a few videos out there of people doing just that - although usually wakeboarding, which is more like surfing than waterskiing is. I think this might be the first I saw:

https://www.newsflare.com/video/9595...ed-surrey-road

But there are others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BIKUGTeGQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDmOa7mUhY
http://www.thedrive.com/watch-this/1...flooded-street (A woman in Saudi Arabia doing it in a burqa...)

Loads really. (Google "wakeboard behind car in floods").
Old 30 July 2018, 06:05 PM

I dreamt that I saw the video displayed on a giant screen in the produce section of an Asian supermarket, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a dream. I don't remember seeing videos of people doing that before, but it's possible I saw one once and forgot about it and my subconscious dredged it up last night.