snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Food

Old 09 November 2014, 04:06 PM

When I was in Lebanon, the local McDonald's had quite a few neat menu innovations. For example, they did not have bacon, ham or pork sausage, so their menus were different when it came to breakfast meals and bacon cheeseburgers.

For bacon, they used beef bacon. I never asked what that was, but it was good.

I never tried the various breakfast meals. I was never at McDonald's in the morning. (I did get a coffee there once, when in Beirut)

But the most innovative, and one I liked the most, I found when visiting a McDonald's with my Nepalese colleagues. They don't eat beef. And the McDonald's offered a chicken patty on every burger in place of a beef patty. I don't really like Big Macs. But the chicken Big Mac was tasty. I would eat those when I went to a McDonald's here.
Old 09 November 2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegendfanatic View Post
A few comments:

They still serve hot apple pies and cherry pies at my McDonalds, along with other types of pies - s'mores pies and pumpkin pies around the holiday. Still deep fried. I guess we didn't get the memo about the law suit. We also have shamrock shakes, which are just vanilla shakes with green food coloring.
In case some of you were wondering, I was responding to this.
Old 10 November 2014, 03:57 AM

Roll eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegendfanatic View Post
The rumors that the food has things added to it to make it "addictive", however, appear to be true and not just with McDonald's. Psychology Today has a good article about it here; http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...out-your-brain
Right. A link to a clickbait-inspired list from Psychology Today that says nothing about anything being added to food to make it addictive. Except sugar and calories.