snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Disney

Old 16 April 2007, 09:56 PM

Disney Walt Disney's Passport Can Be Yours!

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/10/walt-d...-can-be-yours/
Old 17 April 2007, 12:40 AM
keepyourkiltdown

Psh, who cares? It's probably expired!
Old 17 April 2007, 12:46 AM
Class Bravo

Icon27

I just can't BELIEVE that in this day and age you can just go out and BUY someone's REAL passport. How do they know that the person who buys it isn't an ILLEGAL ALIEN who is going to come into the US and steal jobs, health care, and TAX DOLLARS? Or, worse yet--how will they know that the winning bidder isn't a TERRORIST who will now own a legal PASSPORT to the U.S.?!
Old 17 April 2007, 12:55 AM
keepyourkiltdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class Bravo View Post
I just can't BELIEVE that in this day and age you can just go out and BUY someone's REAL passport. How do they know that the person who buys it isn't an ILLEGAL ALIEN who is going to come into the US and steal jobs, health care, and TAX DOLLARS? Or, worse yet--how will they know that the winning bidder isn't a TERRORIST who will now own a legal PASSPORT to the U.S.?!
I completely agree! Not to mention his identity could easily be stolen! Next thing you know people will be using his credit cards, getting free passes to Disney World... The world will be chaos.
Old 17 April 2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I completely agree! Not to mention his identity could easily be stolen! Next thing you know people will be using his credit cards, getting free passes to Disney World... The world will be chaos.
Not to mention that not all employees at Disney may have read the memo about his death, so this could be the start of a takeover!

----

Seriously, though, I expect it to be maculated, which, at least here, is done by punching a couple of holes through it with an ordinary hole punch. Once that is done, as far as the law is concerned, it's no longer a passport, just a piece of paper with about as much legal dignity and restrictions as a kleenex.

Hmm, I wonder if I can sell my own old passports and driver's licences? I even have a passport that has not been maculated, just expired. Any buyers?