snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 29 May 2007, 03:20 AM
keepyourkiltdown

I might be the only one, but I find this somewhat morbid. Her pose is so lively...right down to the way her ankles are crossed. That is how I sit and watch TV! It's just weird to me, because when I go to a funeral, I don't want to see the person propped up and looking alive-ish. It is more helpful to me seeing their body in a 'dead pose' or simply as a shell.
Old 06 June 2007, 12:57 PM
dythompson

Default Yolanda King

Phony pictures. This is not Yolanda King and the culprit circulating these pictures knows it.

There was no "staged" viewing for her. She was immediately cremated upon arrival in Atlanta.

...and furthermore, anyone who knows her knows these pictures look nothing like her.

Bigotry and its cohorts have no shame let alone respect for the deceased nor the surviving family.
Old 06 June 2007, 01:44 PM

Somebody has had too much caffeine today.

You have some cites for that interesting info?

Oh, and welcome!
Old 06 June 2007, 02:41 PM
EricB

I agree that it looks nothing like her. The facial features seem strikingly different. The skin tone is considerably darker. How much of that can be attributed to the embalming process?

And what does this have to do with bigotry?
Old 06 June 2007, 05:10 PM
Base Ten

https://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...19metking.html

At the Tillman Riverside Mortuary in Riverside, Calif. the same funeral home that received the body of Coretta Scott King family members and friends gathered to see Yolanda King one more time.

Albert Tillman said a private viewing of King's body was held late Thursday for her siblings, close friends and staff members of her production company.

Her body lay in a silver casket at the front of the chapel. She was dressed in a deep red suit. Mourners filed past, weeping silently, while King's siblings grieved in an adjacent room. Some mourners placed roses on top of the casket.

Others placed single stems of the blossoms against the white satin inside the coffin. Music played softly in the room.