snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 14 January 2016, 12:03 PM

Icon06 Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69

Quote:
Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.
http://www.snopes.com/2016/01/14/ala...an-dies-at-69/
Old 14 January 2016, 12:26 PM

Aw, no...

You take David Bowie and Alan Rickman from us within days of each other? Damn you, cancer...

Last edited by TallGeekyGirl; 14 January 2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 14 January 2016, 01:03 PM

Hans Gruber really IS gone.

Damn you cancer indeed!
Old 14 January 2016, 01:19 PM

He will always be the Metatron to me. Snarky wit was made for Rickman.
Old 14 January 2016, 01:20 PM

Tantrum

Lemmy, Bowie and Rickman, all Brits who died within weeks of each other of cancer at 69/70. Too creepy.

I will miss you, Alain. Always. (And my SNAPE license plate will too.)
Old 14 January 2016, 01:45 PM

Fight

Thousands of brilliant people are working hard every day to eradicate cancer. One day they will succeed.

Alan Rickman, by Grabthar's Hammer, by the Sons of Warvan, you shall be avenged!
Old 14 January 2016, 02:24 PM

Sorry to learn of Alan Rickman's passing. He was a fine actor whose quirks always enriched the films in which he appeared.

I hope I don't appall anyone when I say that a tiny part of me hopes his final words were "You have your mother's eyes. Yippee-ki-yay!"
Old 14 January 2016, 02:26 PM

So shocked to hear it. Amazing actor and absolutely lovely man.
Old 14 January 2016, 02:30 PM

i has a sad, now
Old 14 January 2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Aw, no...

You take David Bowie and Alan Rickman from us within days of each other? Damn you, cancer...
While Donald Trump, also 69, is still alive.

And people wonder why I have trouble believing in a just and loving God....
Old 14 January 2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Aw, no...

Alan Rickman to David Bowie: "Excuse me mate - do you know where tea is being served?"

David Bowie to Alan Rickman: "Sorry mate. Just got here myself."

And other jewels from here:http://https://twitter.com/TrivWorks
Old 15 January 2016, 12:48 AM

Mouse

Given the parallels between Rickman and Bowie (both Brits involved in the arts, both died at 69 of cancer) for my personal amusement, I keep trying to come up with a crazy theory to soothe my sorrow. Right now, my best theory is that they were the same people. Either David Bowie was alternate personality for Alan Rickman or Alan Rickman was one for David Bowie. It's your call which one makes more sense. I know it's crazy, but it livens up a depressing, dull reality. Besides has anybody every seen Rickman or Bowie together in the same place?
Old 15 January 2016, 05:20 AM

An image I've seen (and admittedly reposted) on Facebook has a picture of Rickman with the caption, "I'm going to an exclusive Bowie concert tonight...and you're not."
Old 15 January 2016, 05:34 AM

This made me very sad. He was a truly excellent actor, I loved him in Closet Land and Michael Collins, roles that people seldom mention, but he was great in all roles he did.

Quote:
An image I've seen (and admittedly reposted) on Facebook has a picture of Rickman with the caption, "I'm going to an exclusive Bowie concert tonight...and you're not."
A bit like the image going around with Lemmy laughing and drinking beer with Dio. That one made me smile in a sad way.
Old 19 January 2016, 03:40 PM

No

God Issues Statement of Apology Over Bowie, Rickman Deaths

Quote:
I can see now how scheduling to bring in David Bowie and Alan Rickman, at the same age, at the same time, using cancer for both was just plain mean and NFBSKed-up, and I apologize to the entire universe
Old 20 January 2016, 03:00 AM

Mouse

Nice to apologize, God, though given that you're, well, you, couldn't you as a gesture of forgiveness, bring Bowie and Rickman back to life? I mean, you were willing to resurrect Lazarus and he probably didn't have a voice that made so many peoples' panties wet (Rickman) or release incredibly awesome music (Bowie)? So c'mon, God, throw us a bone here.

Though I'm surprised no one picked up on my crazy conspiracy theory alleging that Bowie and Rickman were the same person, that either Bowie was Rickman's alter-ego or vice-versa. C'mon, no one's willing to run with that theory? I'm just saying, has anyone seen them in the same room together? Though I suppose they could have hired an actor to play the part at any screenings or wherever their paths may have crossed.
Old 20 January 2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Nice to apologize, God, though given that you're, well, you, couldn't you as a gesture of forgiveness, bring Bowie and Rickman back to life? I mean, you were willing to resurrect Lazarus and he probably didn't have a voice that made so many peoples' panties wet (Rickman) or release incredibly awesome music (Bowie)? So c'mon, God, throw us a bone here.

Though I'm surprised no one picked up on my crazy conspiracy theory alleging that Bowie and Rickman were the same person, that either Bowie was Rickman's alter-ego or vice-versa. C'mon, no one's willing to run with that theory? I'm just saying, has anyone seen them in the same room together? Though I suppose they could have hired an actor to play the part at any screenings or wherever their paths may have crossed.
Maybe you are on to something. Maybe Bowie was even hinting at it with his song Lazarus, as that was Rickman's character's character's name in Galaxy Quest. (Alan Rickman played Alexander Dane who played Dr. Lazarus)

Jaci