snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 04 December 2017, 03:41 PM

Glasses

Richard, neither bankruptcy nor divorce slowed him down before.

Non-politically, remember my complaint about the neighbor's trees overhanging the sidewalk? I finally got up the courage to ask them about trimming them, and it turns out they've already talked to the tree service. The thing is, it took 9 weeks to get an appointment for an evaluation, and another 10 weeks to get an appointment to have the work done. So the trimming is still a few weeks away.

I was in Vegas this past weekend, and we went to the Vegas Strong benefit concert. Bests seats I've ever had. Nine rows back from the stage, and 12 seats over from the catwalk. The bands were Boyz II Men, Imagine Dragons & the Killers. Comics were Carrot Top & Jay Leno. Magicians were David Copperfield & Penn & Teller. Lots of talking, some filmed segments (including two songs from Elton John). The whole thing was 3 hours. The members of both Imagine Dragons and The Killers grew up in Vegas (most of them, anyway), so when they made introductions, it included what high school they graduated from. And the lead singer of Imagine Dragons split his pants--waistband included--giving his middle school music teacher a high-five. Great show, I was very grateful for my earplugs, and I couldn't actually hear any of the songs. Not because of ambient noise so much as because of where we were in relation to the speakers.

Seaboe
Old 04 December 2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I don't wish him dead, but I do wish him humbled and out of office.
I really hope Colin Kaepernick wins. Colin Kaepernick a finalist for 'TIME' Person of Year

(I'm not linking to the TIME article because I prefer the message from this article.)
Old 05 December 2017, 05:09 PM

I might get my package (a mattress) today. I ordered this past Wednesday (11/29). I got an email with a tracking number for UPS on Thursday (the day after I bought the package), saying the package would be delivered Friday (12/1). Then early Friday (12/1), I get an email saying the delivery date has been changed to a different day and I would get another update when that was rescheduled. On Saturday (12/2), I get an email saying the package would be delivered Wednesday (12/6), a week after I bought it. Yesterday, I get an email saying it will be delivered today (12/5). I may or may not get it. This is one of many reasons I don't really like buying stuff online. I will take the old brick and mortar stores, except when they are crowded.
Old 05 December 2017, 08:41 PM

Someone on Facebook related how their dog was doing much better. The dog had a stroke last week and the vet recommended putting him down, but how could anyone do such a horrible thing?

The dog could not move at all for three days and was kept alive by the owner force feeding him with a turkey baster. Once he could move he could not walk as his hind quarters are completely useless and he has dropsy in one front paw so if he tries to get up he just falls again.

Several people commented on how wonderful he was to keep his dog alive.

Any life is better than none it seems.

It made me sad to think someone could think a life like this poor dog's was worth living.
Old 06 December 2017, 02:47 AM

That poor dog. People can be so cruel in the name of kindness, and use it as a great excuse to not do the right thing.
Closed Thread