snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 04 October 2018, 02:03 PM

Glasses

Isn't there a settings button, where you can control the animation in the game? I play Klondike Forever, which is very animated, but you can turn that off if you don't like it.

My message is for Windows 10 updates, more than the devices: Look, time your changes better. I shouldn't have to reboot in the middle of my work day, just because you like to prove your power by making a minor, completely unnoticeable change.

Seaboe
Old 04 October 2018, 04:14 PM

It doesn't give you the option to delay the reboot until the end of the workday? Whenever I get an update pushed to my computer at work there's an option to delay rebooting by up to I think 4 hours. And they always happen in the afternoon, so I always hit the maximum delay, drag the window to the bottom of the screen where I can ignore it (the "hide" button is disabled by our IT department) and then shut my computer down at the end of the day like I always do, effectively completing the reboot. Although we're still using Windows 7 here. I don't know if it's different with Windows 10.
Old 04 October 2018, 06:28 PM

Glasses

With Windows 7 (or 8, or whatever it was we had), our system automatically held updates for when you shut down your computer (which could be annoying, if you were in a hurry to leave). Windows 10 opens a hurking gert white window (half the size of my screen) saying a restart is necessary. You can put it off--I don't think there's a limit to how long--but the window itself is an annoyance.

Seaboe
Old 04 October 2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
Isn't there a settings button, where you can control the animation in the game? I play Klondike Forever, which is very animated, but you can turn that off if you don't like it.
I checked- apparently the option to "limit animations" is already enabled. It's probalby not as bad as I'm imagining it is... it may boil mostly down to "they changed something and now I have to make tiny adjustments to how I use it."
Old 05 October 2018, 02:03 PM

Glasses

Hey, work computer, what's with the Blue Screen of Death (tm) twice in one week? I thought you were over that?

Seaboe
Old 28 November 2018, 12:27 PM

MS Teams, why is it when I click on the X you refuse to close? I really wish the IT people hadn't installed you on all of the computers. I don't think anybody but the supervisors/managers use you.
Old 16 December 2018, 09:48 AM

Google Chrome: Don't keep more than one password for a website. I only have one account here and you kept giving the wrong password.

I hope that now you only have one password for snopes and don't log me out again.
Old 18 December 2018, 10:58 AM

You can go in and remove incorrect or outdated passwords. Just go to settings and passwords.
Old 18 December 2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeze042 View Post
You can go in and remove incorrect or outdated passwords. Just go to settings and passwords.
I hadn't realized that to change settings and passwords in Chrome I needed to use my computer's password, not my Google password. This is what happens when I let my husband do all the setup. Now I know better.
Old 30 December 2018, 10:23 PM

Dear Facebook,

I am not Latino. My Spanish is not very good. I don't know why you keep showing me ads from Mazda Latino in Spanish. Your algorithms should be able to figure out that I always post in English. I guess you did get it half right -- I do want a Mazda.
Old 09 February 2019, 02:38 PM

Text message app: Please stop """"correcting"""" the word "for" to "foe." I can count on a closed fist the number of times I've needed the word "foe" in a text message.
Old 09 February 2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Dear Facebook,

I am not Latino. My Spanish is not very good. I don't know why you keep showing me ads from Mazda Latino in Spanish. Your algorithms should be able to figure out that I always post in English. I guess you did get it half right -- I do want a Mazda.
I get Spanish ads for Cheese-Its.

I don't speak Spanish.

I'm vegan.
Old 19 February 2019, 01:40 PM

Crash

Reminds me of the time my mother got a letter from an outdoor magazine that started off with: Dear Mr. Lastname--we know you like to hunt, fish, and other things my mother was not at all interested in.
Old 24 March 2019, 07:10 AM

Dear Car,
You’re not supposed to leave me stranded like this. You’re a friggin Toyota.