snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 03 December 2018, 10:46 PM

Default Cameo celebrity messages

I read a story today about Brett Farve, Andy Dick, and Soulja Boy being suckered into recording an anti-Semitic message on the website Cameo. While that may be worth discussing separately, it made me wonder what the heck Cameo was, and who was available.

Well, I went to the site, and found that there are over 100 different "celebrities" that are willing to record a short video for anywhere from $25 to $1000. Some sports stars on there, such as Farve, Terrell Davis, John Sally, and so on, some actors who need some cash like Wesley Snipes, some singers like Debbie Gibson and Rebecca Black, and a whole bunch of reality stars. The cheapest I saw is Terra Jole from Little Women: LA, and the most expensive is Caitlyn Jenner.

Now I really, really want to get one of the cheap ones for my boss. I know there is a joke here somewhere, I just need to refine it. If he was old enough to have been around during Debbie Gibson's relevant time, I'd have it already, but he might not know who she is. I'm thinking Chumlee from Pawn Stars - never seen it, but I have been told his expertise is video games and sneakers. He'd probably laugh his head off at the guy saying he got the video game collection, and it's worth about $3.50 if he wants to sell.

Anyone have an idea for a great line they would like to give someone?
Old 03 December 2018, 11:51 PM

Glasses

I'd like to hear Gates McFadden say: "He's dead, Jean-Luc."

Just sort of a meta trip through the Star Trek zone.

Morning
Old 04 December 2018, 01:04 AM

I feel bad for Brett Favre, and IDK anything about Soulja Boy, but Andy Dick doesn't need to be suckered into recording anti-semitic remarks.