snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 31 October 2018, 06:34 PM

Default Khashoggi was strangled as soon as he entered Saudi Consulate

I thought we had a thread about this already, but I could not find it...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/khasho...gled-1.4885595

Quote:
Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was strangled as soon as the journalist entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul as part of a premeditated killing, and he was dismembered before being*disposed of, a top Turkish prosecutor said Wednesday.*
A statement from chief Istanbul prosecutor Irfan Fidan's office also said that discussions with Saudi chief prosecutor Saud al-Mojebby Turkey to uncover the truth.
*have yielded no "concrete results" despite "good-willed efforts"*

Quote:
Fidan's office said the Saudi delegation submitted a written response to questions and invited the Turkish delegation to come to Saudi Arabia bringing "evidence obtained during the course of the investigation."
bolding mine
I don't know that I'd want to go anywhere these people invite (g)me to, after hearing what happened to the last person they "invited".
Old 31 October 2018, 06:54 PM

Especially carrying all the evidence with me!

Even if they have sense enough not to murder the delegation, anybody want to place a bet on the evidence mysteriously disappearing or being altered?
Old 31 October 2018, 08:26 PM

Yeah, if they do that, they should definitely completely document all the physical evidence with photos and signed affadavits, and then they should insist that, while the Saudis can run tests on it, their own people will maintain custody and be present at all times. Perhaps with an observer or two from neutral countries as well.