snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 15 February 2014, 12:22 AM

Icon97 Letters you wish you could send

Dear Lincoln:
Better get used to the sight of sleds and other kid stuff: your owners are expecting a baby in another week or so.

~Your dog walker.

Dear couple in a Falls Church Condo complex:
You're the ones throwing snowballs at the geese in the lake, but when I suggest that you need a shotgun--you know goose for dinner tonight--I'm the mean one?

~Sasha's walker
Old 15 February 2014, 04:22 AM

Somehow the thread title seems wrong.
Old 16 February 2014, 03:05 PM

Crash

It was. Thankfully, it was corrected.
Old 18 February 2014, 11:22 PM

Dear (Thankfully) Former Workplace,

OK, when I gave you an earful about my boss after I got fired, I could see you not looking into it. I'd been fired after all, I could see where you think I was just bitter and angry.

I could even see you not looking into V's complaints about him--she'd been laid off, so again, bitter and angry.

I did hear that you quietly had a word with him when he was asking H to tell him 'the truth about me', and H (who had no problems with me) complained to *her* boss, who called HR about it.

However, I found out that K left, and dropped dimes about this guy to you--and K left of his own volition. And that D was called by HR to comment on K's complaints. And we've all told you the same thing--that the guy is a workplace bully.

You've had five people who have complained about this guy--two who were let go, one who left voluntarily, and two who are still there (but in a different department where they don't have to report to him). And all five have said the same thing about him.

At what point do you decide maybe you need to look into this?

Regards,
Magdalene
Old 23 February 2014, 08:46 PM

Dear self,
It'll be ok. Just keep doing what you are doing, and you'll get through it.
Old 26 February 2014, 06:20 AM

Dear SO,
so if you "know" the accessory kit is absolute crap, why are you on my butt to get it?
Old 26 February 2014, 02:24 PM

Blow Your Top

Dear Facebook: my account--which I haven't touched in four years--is still active?!
I guess you folks don't purge inactive accounts.

Signed: dee-yam!!
Old 26 February 2014, 11:55 PM

Mouse

Dear Self,

How is it you couldn't handle the sleep part of a sleep study? It's not that hard: just go to sleep and maybe you'll finally find out if you have that apnea thing your dad has. Why was it so hard to get to sleep the day of the actual study? You didn't drink soda or consume caffeine or nap. Or in other words: what the Hell, Brain?! But then again, I've been asking myself that question a long time.

Sincerely,
Baffled Rodent
Old 27 February 2014, 11:17 AM

Whalephant

DDear Jeff Flake,

You actually told Jan Brewer to veto SB 1062 even though you're an "Arizona Conservative". Well done. For once.

one of your constituents
Old 27 February 2014, 01:25 PM

Dear coworker: It is not my responsibility to get you to work because there's snow. You have worked where there might be snow for over 2 years. You have a 4WD vehicle in your driveway. You have known for 10 months that the vehicle needed work and chose not to prioritize it. You also have chosen to use your leave as fast as you earn it and so cannot take the day off. You have chosen not to avail yourself of the vanpool that has automatic chains.

I, on the other hand, have worked there for a year, purchased an AWD because - gasp! it SNOWS! - and if the roads are too bad for that can choose to take the day off since I have banked leave.

It's not helpful that the last 5 times I've given you a ride, you've not offered a dime for gas, not met me at a place convenient for me rather than having to go out of my way to get you, not been on time, nor that in general you are an unpleasant person all day long at work. So your text asking for a ride this morning will go unanswered.

Last edited by Roadie; 27 February 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 27 February 2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
DDear Jeff Flake,

You actually told Jan Brewer to veto SB 1062 even though you're an "Arizona Conservative". Well done. For once.

one of your constituents
You know, you can actually send this letter for real if you like. Good political decisions deserve support, every little bit helps.
Old 02 March 2014, 02:25 AM

Dear Friend,

I just don't know what to do anymore. You keep complaining that you're bored, but whenever I suggest something, it's always the, "Eh, I dunno," bit out of you. And it's getting frustrating. I don't know what you want anymore.

Magdalene
Old 04 March 2014, 06:49 AM

Dear bosses,
Ok, so you send out a snotty little email about how bad our office is at submitting our PTO form, and how it costs money to cut a check for the missed pay, so make sure we submit it as soon as we are back with sick time, and/or as soon as we get the approval for scheduled days off.
OK, fine.
So, after this...why is it that people in our office aren't getting their PTO applied in a timely manner when we follow the instructions, and when this is questioned, are you hand waiving and saying that "it will get done when it gets done, because S is really busy?"
Nope, that don't fly, and if I get short changed on my paycheck for a second time because of what is quickly becoming another example of blatant favoritism, such hell will be raised the Catholic Church will need to be called in.
Old 05 March 2014, 02:46 AM

Dear weather-

Can we get a break? I have driving I have to do tomorrow, and I don't really want to have to do it in the snow.

lb, cold and cranky
Old 05 March 2014, 05:37 AM

Dear dudefella not being let on the bus tonight,
No, "drunk off yer butt with vomit down your front" is not a protected class, so the driver can in fact tell you no.
Old 05 March 2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune27 View Post
Dear dudefella not being let on the bus tonight,
No, "drunk off yer butt with vomit down your front" is not a protected class, so the driver can in fact tell you no.
I hope the bus driver radioed it in so that the police could get the guy out of harm's way, whether by arresting him or just getting him home. If he is that stewed he can be a danger to himself and others.
Old 06 March 2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
I hope the bus driver radioed it in so that the police could get the guy out of harm's way, whether by arresting him or just getting him home. If he is that stewed he can be a danger to himself and others.
She did. The dude was just carrying on and tell her that she could not legally discriminate against him just because he had "a few beers and some weed."
Old 06 March 2014, 01:05 PM

Dear Dance Teacher,

J and I recognize that the class is a little on the lax side, and sometimes we sideline into what's going on in everybody's life....having said that.....

J and I are both getting a little aggravated with your constant insistence on recapping "Big Bang" episodes. You always start with, "Do you watch..." and we consistently say, "No, we don't." Two people who have repeatedly told you they don't watch the show are not interested in hearing you recap the episodes. If we wanted to know, we'd watch it. Please take the hint and chat about something else when we sideline.

Regards,
Magdalene
Old 06 March 2014, 01:33 PM

Dear Fence Company Truck Loader:

You may be wondering why your truck is riding 4" lower on the right side than on the left. I can help. It is because you loaded a single pallet of mortar and bricks (probably 400 lbs) on the far right side of the flatbed.
Old 06 March 2014, 10:25 PM

Icon84

Dear local advocacy groups: please don't pack the Town Hall meeting that Congressman Van Hollen is holding tonight. I'd like to hear him on a variety of issues, not just on your pet causes. Sure go ahead and ask a question or make a comment, but allow others to do the same OK?

~Weirdo constituent.
Closed Thread