snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 05 January 2019, 04:23 AM

Silence is back in the house. We came back from dinner and she came up to us meowing up a storm. We gave her some food and water outside to try to see if she'd stick around. Then my wife opened up the door and Silence came right inside. She's eaten and gotten scritches and seems to have settled down. We'll see how it goes if she ends up being an inside/outside kitty.

ETA: The last few days have been very cold for Arizona, that may be why she came back so suddenly.

Last edited by GenYus234; 05 January 2019 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05 January 2019, 01:44 PM

Good news. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05 January 2019, 03:08 PM

Glad to hear it, GenYus! and yes, thanks for the update.
Old 06 January 2019, 11:26 AM

Whalephant

She didn't lecture you on the weather!? That's just not fair. Immy is an indoor only kitty and boy, did I get a lecture on how cold my apartment is (-40, in her eyes), the coldness of the glass when she's on the window sill looking out and why don't I have one of those thick down comforters for her to sink into.
Old 06 January 2019, 01:38 PM

Dear Marmalade,

Why do your meows sound like you're asking a question? Are you a curious kitty? Do you always want to know whyyyyyYYYY?

Sincerely,
TGG

PS It's absolutely adorable. His little meows go up in pitch at the end and sound very inquisitive.
Old 06 January 2019, 02:03 PM

Doodle's vocalizations are tiny, high-pitched, chirpy, and short. This has gotten even cuter since he has grown so big (est. 11 pounds at 8 months).
Old 08 January 2019, 03:42 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy,

I know you are a fierce and might huntress to whom respect, laud, and honor must be paid. Any rodent brazen enough to be in your presence, will face the consequences. As such, I can even understand why you might opt to play cat and mouse with them to drive the point home. But playing with the mouse’s corpse? What the hell?!

And yes, because I do see everything through the lens of pop culture and a third of my brain is filled with Simpsons quotes, I did find a clip on YouTube that your actions made me remember.

I better not hear any Ree Ree Ree the next time you decide to lie on my built-in kitty shelf.

Fearfully,

Your Upright Thumbbeast
Old 08 January 2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
playing with the mouse’s corpse? What the hell?!
Actually pretty normal cat behavior, if the cat's not hungry enough to eat it right off.

Not all cats do it, of course. (They're cats.) But a lot of them will.
Old 11 January 2019, 04:13 PM

Dog

Dear Sasha--
I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better! Sending get-well vibes from the House of Dawn.
Old 15 January 2019, 03:37 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

Every time I sit down with a somewhat pensive look about me, you show up wanting to perch on my kitty shelf. Are you worried that I might put two and two together and realize you’re plotting to kill me? Don’t worry! Like I told Minnie I’ve more or less made peace with that fact. In any case, I know you won’t actually go through with it, because then the game’s over: no more trolling the heck out of your humans.

Love,

Your Beloved (and whipped) Thumbbeast
Old 16 January 2019, 01:22 PM

Icon06

Dear Sasha-
You were doing well....until you were not.
RIP sweetie.

Your dog sitter
Old 17 January 2019, 10:50 AM

Whalephant

Dear Immy,

I am sorry that I can not fall asleep immediately in bed and that my moving around means you can't just curl up with me and sleep. I'm not a cat, kitty.

your human
Old 17 January 2019, 02:17 PM

DawnStorm, I'm sorry!
Old 17 January 2019, 02:47 PM

Icon105

Thanks TL. This is first time my supervisor (E) has gone through this. Poor Sasha had sudden onset kidney failure. Just came out of nowhere.
You know as well as I do that this someone you never get used to. Plus she has to explain this to her 2 year old daughter.
Old 18 January 2019, 03:42 PM

DawnStorm, is it possible that Sasha got into something poisonous?

-- I ask mostly because, if so, making sure that whatever it was isn't accessible to other creatures would be a good idea.
Old 22 January 2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
DawnStorm, is it possible that Sasha got into something poisonous?

-- I ask mostly because, if so, making sure that whatever it was isn't accessible to other creatures would be a good idea.
I'm not sure. I do remember E telling me that Sasha was eating very fast and then upchucking, so I gave her a maze bowl that I was not using and that seemed to solve the problem. This was about a month ago, maybe a bit longer. I'm thinking that Sasha had a UTI that she hid very well, but what do I know? I can ask her how the other dog is doing and maybe just casually about the possibility of something poisonous (unintentionally) within reach.
Old 04 February 2019, 02:14 AM

Mouse

Dear Boomer-Dog,

You're really worrying your humans, enough that we had an emergency vet appointment. Here's hoping that the pills he gave us, will help and that in thirty days, we can better figure out where to go from here. You're acting a bit better, not like early morning. Then again, you did start acting a little more spry when we pulled up to the vet's office. I wonder if your "I'm at that place where they give shots" sense was tingling.

All the same, it's nice that you aren't acting like you're hurting anymore. Vet said that we should let you dictate your activity level, so we're not going to push you. If you feel up for your walk and are acting all energetic and excited, we'll take you. In the mean time, just rest, which is something you shouldn't have too much trouble with, since as a 13/14-year-old mutt, you've been more or less sedentary for a while.

Rest assured, if you start acting like you're in pain or if you get really bad, we will take care of you. We've been your humans since you were a little pup; you know we're good for it. Whatever cracks we've made about your intelligence, you knew how to recognize a house full of soft touches, when you found one. Probably didn't take you too long before you were like, "Oh yes, I found a good house to hang around."

Take care of yourself,

Your Concerned and Loving Friendbeast

"Dear" heartworms and ticks,

I know this letter is pointless and I know hating on you is pointless, since you're just animals trying to survive. Good and evil don't enter into any of your actions for the same reasons, so hating you serves no real purpose. But I still do.

I hate you.

No Love,
Me

Last edited by Mouse; 04 February 2019 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Thought of More to Say
Old 05 February 2019, 02:48 AM

Mouse

Dear Boomer-dog,

I don’t know how this works, but I am glad to see you acting more like your sweet doggy self. I wonder if the emergency vet trip put the fear of God in you. Yeah, the vet didn’t give you any shots, but maybe you’re like, “I got lucky this time. Next time might be different. I better straighten up and get healthy.”

I’m afraid, though, that this is only a temporary reprieve. In thirty days, you’ll go back to the vet, and if all goes well, we’ll talk about more extensive treatments, rather than just managing your issues. I hope we don’t have to do the plan where you have to go on cage-rest, because let’s face it, you wouldn’t enjoy it and neither would we.

Take Care,

Your Hopeful Friendbeast
Old 06 February 2019, 02:04 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Dear Hecate--
Scratching at the window in the 4AM hour is unacceptable!!
You know I'm angry because I'm calling you by the name DH gave you, instead of Katydid.

Your loyal employee
Old 11 February 2019, 01:40 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

How?!

What on earth takes place in your digestive tract that leads to you producing that level of stink?! Minnie produces plenty of stink, but nowhere near your level. You’re eating the same cat food and both of you are spry and healthy.

What gives?!

Signed,

Thumbbeast Whose Eyes Are Currently Watering