snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Social Studies

Old 19 August 2016, 07:20 PM

Default Starr Resigns as Baylor Law Professor, Severs School Ties

Former Baylor University President Ken Starr resigned his post as a law school professor Friday, severing his last tie with the faith-based campus still reeling from a sexual assault scandal involving its football team.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...-ties-41514011
Old 19 August 2016, 07:22 PM

How long before they announce him as the newest staff member of the Trump campaign?
Old 19 August 2016, 07:29 PM

It looks like he is out of a job, and maybe needs a new one. As long as the 1990's are coming around again*, can he be hired to investigate President Clinton? (Once and if she wins the election, of course)

*Bloom county, Ken Starr, Donald Trump, and soon to have the Clintons back in the White house. G&R even got back together again. I half expect Kurt Cobaine to rise from the dead.
Old 19 August 2016, 07:31 PM

I could get on board that. I miss the '90s .
Old 19 August 2016, 07:39 PM

I won't believe it until Bil Waterson and Gary Larson come out of retirement.
Old 20 August 2016, 01:03 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I could get on board that. I miss the '90s .
Yeah, the Bill Clinton presidency was like a never-ending Roadrunner and Coyote cartoon. It usually unfolded like this:

Some scandal would befall the Clinton presidency.

The GOP, seeing this as their opportunity to get rid of a president they hate more than rap music, would come up with a strategy guaranteed to make themselves look even more clueless and hypocritical than before. They always wound up caught in their own trap, while Clinton meep-meeped into the sunset.

Be nice to have scandals involving the president cheating on his wife, rather than getting us into a never-ending military quagmire because he really wanted to go to war with Iraq. To say nothing of Abu Ghraib and ISIS and God-Only-Knows-What-Else we could pin on the Bush II administration.
Old 20 August 2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
I won't believe it until Bil Waterson and Gary Larson come out of retirement.
You know that Calvin and Hobbes got reprinted in newspapers a few years ago?
Old 20 August 2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Be nice to have scandals involving the president cheating on his wife, rather than getting us into a never-ending military quagmire because he really wanted to go to war with Iraq. To say nothing of Abu Ghraib and ISIS and God-Only-Knows-What-Else we could pin on the Bush II administration.
I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Heck, I am actively spending every weekend volunteering for Hillary Clinton and getting abused by the public as a result.

That said, Bill Clinton's sexual escapades shouldn't be minimized as simply having an affair. Monica Lewinsky was victimized by a superior and abused by all sides.

We all deserve better than that. Obama is a great example of how one can be president and not scandalize the nation. I prefer not to be scandalized, thanks. By sex or war or Russian spies or whatever.

But all that said, the odds of a Hillary Clinton sex scandal seem really, really low. I'd more expect her to get us into military quagmires than that.
Old 21 August 2016, 12:08 AM

I find it very ironic but not at all surprising the Ken Starr got into trouble for not investigating sexual matters when he spent so much time investigating Bill Clinton for that very thing. Please note I am not equating assault with what Bill Clinton did.
Old 21 August 2016, 01:24 AM

And this Baylor alumna says "Sic 'em!" I am so glad to see that blight gone! He ignored sexual assaults on campus and the recruiting of players who had those complaints before even coming to Baylor. Yet he got his nose all up in a consensual sex act in Washington just because he didn't like the man involved.