snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 16 August 2016, 05:07 PM

Default Mike Pence Is the Real Extremist on the GOP Ticket

—Here’s How He Left a Trail of Victims in Indiana

Mike Pence did not simply allow the HIV outbreak to happen through indifference and inaction. Almost every detail of his record reveals advocacy of policies that created the necessary conditions.

http://theinfluence.org/mike-pence-i...ms-in-indiana/
Old 16 August 2016, 07:07 PM

He is not an "extremist". Many people feel exactly like he does. I may think he is wrong, stupid, idiotic, or dense but, unfortunately, he is not "extreme". Indeed, he is way to "mainstream" for the "extreme" label.
Old 16 August 2016, 07:32 PM

Regardless of how you may feel about the title, there is a whole article under it full of factual information about what Pence has done to Indiana. I find his views extreme, you don't have to agree, but that word is not the only one in the article.
Old 16 August 2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderwoman View Post
Regardless of how you may feel about the title, there is a whole article under it full of factual information about what Pence has done to Indiana. I find his views extreme, you don't have to agree, but that word is not the only one in the article.
"Extreme" means out of the ordinary. Just because you don't agree doesn't make an action "extreme". I not only read the linked article but I am a resident of Indiana and know pretty well the incredibly stupid and small-minded things he has done. But he was elected as governor based on his views and nothing he did was unexpected or even "extreme". As I said before, he has done stupid, spiteful and idiotic things but none were "extreme" since they all were in line with how a large portion of Indiana residents think.
Old 16 August 2016, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I'm not going to quibble with you over one word. We disagree, and will continue to do so.
Old 16 August 2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
n March, Pence signed—“with a prayer”—a law that bans the abortion of fetuses with Down Syndrome and other genetic conditions, forces a woman to have an ultrasound 18 hours before an abortion, and forces her to bury or cremate the fetal remains, even she miscarries.
Expecting women to pay for burial after early-term miscarriages is not at all ordinary.
Old 16 August 2016, 08:40 PM

Neither is this, IMO:

Quote:
Soon after taking office, Pence cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations, dumping an annual tax burden of $1 billion on local governments, which had to reduce public services to meet the shortfall.
Localities are suffering because of this action. There's a reason he fled the state to run as vice president on a doomed ticket, there was no way he was going to get re-elected.