snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 18 June 2018, 01:23 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I can see how it must be hard to not leap over the counter and throttle some of these people but I'd also find it hard not to laugh in their face!
I usually given them a bewildered look. Thing is is I'm a fat blob with a generally meek look, so people think I'm steam-rollable. Really I'm not. But the stuff people have demanded discounts over! Weather, birds chirping, coyotes howling, their leaving their door open ("for air"- yeah, that's why you have a balcony and a sliding glass door) and some random drunk wandering in,
our being located 15 miles from a specific hospital and not next door to it...

It's matched by some of the just plain huh? stuff. Like the person who filled out their room service menu and hung it out and changed the delivery time to two hours before room service opens. We don't have a 24 hour kitchen, so this wasn't happening. They also crossed off everything on the menu and wrote in stuff we don't have, like buckwheat crepes with peaches and guava juice and something really odd- panfried lake trout, maybe?
Old 18 June 2018, 02:38 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
They also crossed off everything on the menu and wrote in stuff we don't have
This makes me think they didn't expect a real meal, but were making either a joke or a statement.

Seaboe
Old 18 June 2018, 03:48 PM

Someone who lives in a different city from you is not wrong if they refer to the "South Shore" as being an area near them. Lots of places have a "South Shore" not just Montreal .
Old 18 June 2018, 04:51 PM

Kitap, do you ever read or contribute to NotAlwaysRight.com?
Old 19 June 2018, 12:53 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
This makes me think they didn't expect a real meal, but were making either a joke or a statement.

Seaboe
You'd think so, but no. I got to deal with a screaming guest demanding their room service ("then go in the kitchen and MAKE IT!"). I did get told by the room service person that they got yelled at but good when they contacted the guest to let them know they did not have the items-only what is on the menu.

Crocoduck_hunter, I read but don't contribute.
Old 19 June 2018, 05:20 AM

No, Mr. Trump, crime in Germany isn't "way up"!

In fact, the crime rate has fallen by 10 percent in 2017 to the lowest figures in more than 25 years.

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-cl...ion/a-44277845
Old 19 June 2018, 12:05 PM

Icon02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
We're not going to give you a discount because it rained Saturday and you couldn't sunbathe.
Tell 'em to take it up with Pat Robertson!

TYSHTTP: It's been all over the media and the listserve I'm on, but DO NOT LEAVE PETS OUTSIDE IN THE SUN!!! We're in a heat wave. Nothing new, we get them. Sadly, animal control officials have had to be called to help pets--usually dogs--that are outside with zero shelter and even less water. At least there are people who find these poor critters and either help them out and/or call the local humane society.
Old 19 June 2018, 02:29 PM

Glasses

DawnStorm, yesterday, my housemate offered Ferdinand the opportunity to go outside and pee while he waited for me to come home. He stepped outside into the 83 degree heat, then turned around and came back in.

Seaboe