snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Moot Court

Old 07 August 2016, 02:02 PM

This thread certainly keeps wandering away from what I thought was the main point. As to BLM, Ganzfield you seem to be saying that fear is bred into people. I would agree that fear of say, tigers or other predators might be bred into us. There may be a fear of other people who look different from our tribe but I'm not sure about that. However, a fear of armed African Americans seems ridiculous.

In the 1960s when the Black Panthers were forming, they were noted for being armed. One of their messages was that violence against them or other African Americans would be met with violence. BLM is not advocating that although many seem to hear that message. A violent protest doesn't help there.